Partners
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Monthly Performance Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I received this link from Google Partners when I first signed up. 

https://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/doc/2a1ZDm1S4DInQOfK2iBS5Q#Email_CTA_LP

(PDFs attached) 

Please let me know where I can go in the Adwords or Partners consoles to generate these types of reports every month.

Thank you for you help in advance!

Beatriz 

LAC Monthly Performance Report- Conversions_Page_1.jpgLAC Monthly Performance Report- Clicks_Page_1.jpg

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Monthly Performance Report

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @DrWebSolution, I'm afraid I don't know how to get that specific report any other way than through your partner's email. This is the forum for Google My Business related things though, you might have better luck posting in the Google Partner forum here, or, if you're more interested in what other kinds of reports are available to you, you can post in the adwords forum here

You can create and schedule a TON of different kind of reports with adwords beyond just that partner report you got, you can even get your hands dirty and script some automatic reports yourself using their system. You can read a little about what you can do easily using their options here.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
These are automatically generated monthly and quarterly for your top accounts. Keep an eye out for these emails!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Beatriz,

These seem like pretty straightforward reports to me - have you considered looking into Analytics dashboards at all? Might also be a good option if your looking to simply report on data from AdWords & Analytics.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Why is Quality Score at 5? For me it has stayed at 5-5.1 for 3 months though my actual keywords are on average much higher! Thoughts?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Dylan B, quality score takes much more into consideration than just keyword score, such as your overall account quality. 

For starters, take a look at your ads, landing pages, ad groups, and CTR (click through ratios) ...and stuff like that and you should find some ways to improve, which will improve the quality scores on these auto generated reports Google sends. I have scores much higher than 5.0 so I know it is possible. 

Also, be sure to utilize lots of the features within Google Adwords to best gain an edge for your clients. By doing so, your scores will go up, too. 

Finally, Adwords Best Practices should always be front & center in all you do. This is something I live by, yet I hear of many that thinks it is optional.

Best of luck... and be sure to seek further help. There are plenty here willing.   

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
J.

Thanks for the reply but I guess I didn't word that question properly. I fully understand Quality Score. However, on the monthly client report email you get referenced above, that score given in the bottom left, (showing 5), seems to be uncorrelated to the actual overall quality score of all the keywords. I have tested it over months and found no correlation. So I'm still confused as to how Google is getting that # or why it's even shown.

Dylan

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
The other odd thing is that Google themselves officially state that there is no such thing as an account-level QS. So, it *is* strange that they add one to the report, right?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Shanee_Kirk, while Google does not give out or admit to an account level quality score... it does exist. 

Why do I say this? 

They score Ads. 

They score Keywords. 

They score the use of features within Adwords.   

They score the MCC account for agencies that are badged (and most likely all others).

If one does not utilize best practices, does not actively optimize accounts (features sets: keywords, ads, etc.), and lets our accounts go, as a badged partner, our performance gauge will drop, which means our score has dropped. I have received plenty of these monthly reports and studied them in detail by comparing them to actual Adwords accounts... and the score on these reports are a sum of many account level factors.    

So while they do not give us an account score to stare at... there is a gauge (think: score) on the quality of work we do... or do not.

@Dylan B even states that after months of keyword study, the score stays at 5.0-5.1 and has no correlation to keyword scores. If other areas of the account is affected positively, that score will go up. 

That my take away on this. Great discussion topic, by the way. Robot Happy 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Interesting that Google is referring to it now. Account History is a factor in QS, but I don't believe that is what is reflected in the report. Other services have provided Account-level QS snapshots for some time now (Optmyzr and Tenscores, for example), and that's probably what Google is providing. Those scores are simply an impression-weighted average of QS over time. As a brief example:

Keyword A: QS 7, 100 Impressions
Keyword B: QS 4, 500 Impressions
Keyword C: QS 8, 250 Impressions
Keyword D: QS 6, 150 Impressions

would yield an account average Quality Score of 5.6, even though the unweighted average of these four keywords is 6.25.