Partners
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords tip of the week: Try, test and don’t be afraid!

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

As the old Google Partners - North America community comes to a close, we’re likely to see new faces in this community. I therefore want to share some general advice this week regarding AdWords, mainly targeted at the newcomers to this advertising platform.

There is an absolute wealth of information tied to the Google Partners program, but knowledge needs to be reinforced with action at times. That is why this week’s tip is simply to try, test and don’t be afraid of features and ideas in AdWords. Granted, this is easier said than done when working with limited budgets, but I just want to emphasise the fact that you shouldn’t avoid a particular area of AdWords just because you don’t believe it’s not going to work. I’ve been working with AdWords for eight years now and I’m still surprised by results at times.

Just keep testing and narrowing down what does and doesn’t work for each of your clients’ accounts!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords tip of the week: Try, test and don’t be afraid!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

As this environment is new to me as well, I've been testing. So here is my experience so far. Most things are the same here, Partners, whatever made the world go round in the old Google Partner Community holds here as well.

Two big differences though:

1) This community is public. As in accessible by anyone, so anyone can ask a question and reply to a question. And as in crawlable by bots, thus indexed by google, (and possibly other search engines possibly?). So if you write (original posts, or post replies) a lot about a general topic like "AdWords management" or a highly specialized topic like "app deep linking," your name can and most likely will be associated with that content, thus ranking on Google! Which was not the case before, in the old community.

2) There are established rules meticulously enforced by moderators/owners. Do yourself a favor and read them first, before you post. They are an easy and a pleasant read.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: AdWords tip of the week: Try, test and don’t be afraid!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great advice Scotty. Additionally, I have found that when you spend your own money on Adwords, the better you get at choosing keywords, link extensions, writing ad copy, etc..