AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics Academy
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

Setting problems in Google Tag Manager

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm having some problems trying to set a tag and trigger in GTM. I have three buttons that lead to the same URL. Each button has a different id, the first one is "presu_libro" . I would like to know on which button the users clicked. When I submit the settings and test them through Google Analytics, it doesn't show the new event, so something is happening here but I don't know what it is. Any ideas? Thanks!

Captura de pantalla 2017-06-27 a las 18.42.03.pngCaptura de pantalla 2017-06-27 a las 18.42.31.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Your URL can't be equal to /contacto. Either it contains /contacto or you have to past your whole url and set it to equals https://www.example.com/contacto

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Niels v. Finally, I sorted this out as follows:
In the tag settings, I changed the variable in the tag field name for a descriptive name

The condition that triggers the event is : Click ID equals presu_libro. "presu_libro" is the id element.

Now everything works!