6K members online now
6K members online now
Guide Me
star_border

More Sessions than Pageviews in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I track the usage for my company's app, and we have a website counterpart to the app.

The issue I'm running across is that the sessions for the website are 3 to 4 times higher than my pageviews. I'm not sure why this is happening. Technically every session should have a pageview, but right now every session is showing 1/2 a pageview or 1/4 of a pageview, which doesn't make sense.

Has anyone else run across this issue? Is this data even correct?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prodigi I
April 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Its possible to create sessions where there is no page view but an event. For example, if you have some kind of event such as tracking interaction with a button or start/stop on a video then a visitor can theoretically interact with this event - send a hit to GA - but without an associated page view. 

I'd recommend that you check what you are sending to GA - particularly focus on events and check to see how, and where, in the visitor journey they are occuring. Look for events which may be sent as single interaction with the site - such as a login. 

It's intriguing that you are seeing, for example, .5 of a page view. Is that actually appearing in your standard reports? Could you send a screen shot? 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prodigi I
April 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Its possible to create sessions where there is no page view but an event. For example, if you have some kind of event such as tracking interaction with a button or start/stop on a video then a visitor can theoretically interact with this event - send a hit to GA - but without an associated page view. 

I'd recommend that you check what you are sending to GA - particularly focus on events and check to see how, and where, in the visitor journey they are occuring. Look for events which may be sent as single interaction with the site - such as a login. 

It's intriguing that you are seeing, for example, .5 of a page view. Is that actually appearing in your standard reports? Could you send a screen shot? 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HiJohn,

Thank you for the reply. can you please suggest what we can do to resolve this issue. this is the screenshot for your reference http://prntscr.com/etg2hl