AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

wrong prices on google shopping ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi we have been using product listing ads for some some and have about 170 products listed, on two occaisions we have made a mistake and listed an incorrect price which was picked up quickly by google and the product ad was suspended, as we check our data quality each day we picked up on the error and corrected it. 

however I have seen other shops listing wrong prices for weeks on end and these are not being picked up, I have even reported these but still they are displaying wrong prices on ads compared to the shop website.

It seems that Google are quick to point out errors to some shops but not others even when we go to the trouble of pointing out these pricing errors. 

Could anyone at Google comment?

Colin T

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Colin T
September 2015

Re: wrong prices on google shopping ads

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Colin

I understand your situation, however, Google are ultimately the decision makers in this matter.

You say you have reported them, have you done so through this form?

Report Violation

The violations may simply not have been reviewed as of yet, or alternatively a warning may have been issued to those who are violating.

The most important thing for you to do, is ensure your product pricing is accurate at all times and leave those who are breaking policy and are in violation of pricing or alternative issues to the hands of Google. 

The vast amount of users does mean a few do slip under the radar at times, however, this does not mean they will not ultimately face the same outcome. 

Google are very unlikely to speak of any individual account or be able to discuss violations of policy to users outwith the account holder of said account. By reporting the violation directly to them you are bringing it to their attention. Sadly after this, it is out of your hands.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Colin T
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Colin

I understand your situation, however, Google are ultimately the decision makers in this matter.

You say you have reported them, have you done so through this form?

Report Violation

The violations may simply not have been reviewed as of yet, or alternatively a warning may have been issued to those who are violating.

The most important thing for you to do, is ensure your product pricing is accurate at all times and leave those who are breaking policy and are in violation of pricing or alternative issues to the hands of Google. 

The vast amount of users does mean a few do slip under the radar at times, however, this does not mean they will not ultimately face the same outcome. 

Google are very unlikely to speak of any individual account or be able to discuss violations of policy to users outwith the account holder of said account. By reporting the violation directly to them you are bringing it to their attention. Sadly after this, it is out of your hands.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom

Yes I have used that form to report incorrect prices and I know Google do pick up on some of these in due course.
However I will keep reporting the account in question

Kind Regards
Colin T

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem, and wish to report the merchant.  The link you have provided is no longer a reporting form by consumers.  Google appears to have changed their policy, no longer allowing consumers to report on abusive merchants.  The link is a guide for merchants to remain compliant. 

Here is an example, by abusive merchant http://www.thebestbestsellers.com/.  The advertise a $24.51 price on the item pictured.  When you add it to the basket, it shows up as $43.68, not too distant from 2x the advertised price.  

I find it strange that Google would not allow consumers to report such abusive behavior and instead rely on merchants to self-police themselves.  

Product page on merchant site (they may change it and this link may not longer be valid): http://www.thebestbestsellers.com/product/chamberlain-cwa2000-wireless-motion-alert-system-black-tan...

Link to screen shots:

https://gyazo.com/42de2f682f7e2ba8b358e979365bb843.png

https://gyazo.com/e0b50cdec93cff216cf37ed816b2824b.png 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

generally, potential policy violations must
be reported via the proper channels -- the
link for reporting potential product-listing-ad
policy violations is currently here:
https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/policy

the google-provided advertising link to the merchant's landing-page
is also required -- the link url should contain the aclk (ad click) path
for proper action to be taken.

the same similar report-a-violation link is near the bottom

of nearly all google-shopping results-pages so that any

consumer may (still) report a potential policy violation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for that link. I spent close to an hour trying to find the link. It is not easily discoverable through search as search results divert one to merchant pages. Thanks agin.