AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

why are my shopping ad groups not receiving impressions?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a new website and have recently setup a shopping campaign for our product feed. Everything has been approved and it's been confirmed by our Google account team that there is nothing technically wrong, yet our product targets are not receiving impressions despite very high bids. What am I missing?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Caitlin,

How long has your campaign been running? And what targeting settings are you using?

Kind Regards,

Abbie Roberts

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Caitlin,

This is a fairly common experience for new Shopping campaigns.

The algorithms behind Shopping are much more advanced than Search and can take up to a week to start fully delivering results for your campaign, unfortunately not much can be done to speed this up so it's more of a waiting game.

Best thing to do in this week is to make sure your Merchant Centre and AdWords campaign are fully optimised so that once AdWords does start fully delivering your campaign you're getting the best results possible.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

In addition to the above pertinent questions/observation, suggest you check the settings in your Merchant Center and make sure they are not set to "adult content".  I recently had a brand new Shopping campaign that had defaulted to that setting, and it would not run or deliver impressions until we discovered that parameter setting.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

As this is going to be a guessing game, maybe share some info such as the website.

The unfortunate of Google Shopping is that there can be allot of different reasons.

However I will give you a short checklist which should help you along.

Make sure Google Merchant is linked to Google Adwords

You have waited at least 24 hours

You do not have Audiences enabled with bid and target (this targets only remarketing, rather than combined)

Make sure you have ad scheduling for the required hours

Double check your device bidding

Check your campaign is not paused or ad groups

Check your Ad group has products inside, you can click on the speech box inside your ad group to check, if you have created multiple subdivisions ensure each subdivision does have products inside of them

There are allot more, but the longer the list the less helpful it is Smiley Happy

Give us some more details and we will try to assist

Remember we are simply community members and not Google Support, so we can't see anything in your account.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, the site is https://brookandyork.com and our product category is "Apparel & Accessories > Jewelry".

The shopping campaign went live about Oct. 24th, though we just restructured our ad groups early last week. This restructure has one product id for every ad group, instead of multiples ids that share a common product type (ie Rings, Bracelets, etc), and all targets are broken out correctly by all category subdivisions.

I've checked through everything that has been mentioned so far and everything is as it should be:

Adult content is disabled

Merchant Center and Adwords are linked

There are no audiences enabled

There is no ad scheduling

We're targeting the US only

Priority is set to High

There is no filtering

All products are showing in the product tab

Excluding four skus, everything is active

We do have device modifiers on for mobile and tablet but not desktop

Campaigns/ad groups that should be active are

All categories, subdivisions and product ids are broken out as they should be

A curious thing that we're also finding is if you search for a specific product title with the brook&york brand in the query, the item is not returned in the shopping results. For example: brook & york Maiden Statement Necklace

One of the feelings I have is that these new ad group are still very new and need more time. The other is that our product titles might be too optimized (as in there might be too many erroneous keywords in the title), which we already believe we should simplify.

Do you think its fair to assume that its a game of patience at this point or that there might be some other underlying issue?

Thanks!

Re: why are my shopping ad groups not receiving impressions?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

also, verify that the restructuring has not effected bid assignments or budgets.

also, verify that there is no promotional text, such as free shipping
or information related to the shop, in any submitted data, including
link attribute values.

also, verify there are no issues reported under the diagnostics-tab

or for any individual products under the products-list-tab by clicking

on the item's title, within the merchant-center-account.

also, verify any supported-variants are submitted with proper item_group_id

also, use impression data within the account to verify items are being
seen by others, rather than live searches -- live searches may cause
items to be dropped from those auctions altogether and negatively effect
quality and impact overall performance in all shopping-ad auctions over time.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Hello Caitlin, thanks for the extra info.

To be honest regardless of the titles and products, you should at least get 1 impression.

I would contact Google Adwords again, they can test if your products are being displayed or not with a special internal system. You can kindly request a screenshot. Google Adwords Team Members are extremely helpful and if you kindly ask if they can do a search to check if your products are showing and send you a screenshot, they will be more than happy to do this.

Than at least you know they are showing, you can than move on at troubleshoot knowing they are listed in Google Merchant.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’