AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

what are the benefits of keywords tab under shopping campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

what are the benefits of keywords tab under shopping campaign. Should i add positive keywords under this tab?

I laready add negatives in my shopping campaign for prevent my campaign from unusal search queries.

Can anyone tells me what are the importance of keywords in shopping campaign.

Re: what are the benefits of keywords tab under shopping campaign

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Frank

You already use the tab for the most important purpose: Finding negative keywords and add them to the campaign.

Also the keyword tab will give you ideas for which keywords you want to optimize the Google Shopping input feed.

It is not possible to add positive keywords into the shopping campaign. AdWords matches the keywords automatically.

Cheers
Aleks

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi AleV,

Thanks for the reply,

You are saying that not possible to add positive keywords into the shopping campaign then why the option is avilabel to add keywords within shopping campaign under keywords tab...

Please tell me

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

It just seems that it is possible. But when you try the keywords will be rejected.

Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 10.52.04.png

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Frank S

Yes, you are unable to add keywords to a Shopping Campaign, even though the functionality is available, when you try to add these, you will get an error which reports

These entries could not be added due to the following reasons:
  • This operation is not supported by this campaign.

Only Negative keywords will assist you within results. 

https://support.google.com/ds/answer/4601299?hl=en

The ability to add these, is simply due to the Adwords interface and this being a standard option in campaigns.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.