AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

splitting shopping campaigns too much

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I´ve heard (rumors, but from experienced people) that splitting shopping campiagns much can somehow limit the reach, i.e. that search queries that would have triggered shopping ads don´t, just because the product groups have been split too granually and have too few products in them.

Can anyone corroborate or refute that?

/ David

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: splitting shopping campaigns too much

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello David,

I've split one of my PLA to 6 campaigns, each campaign to 12 ad groups and I cannot really tell that I could see some decline in impressions.

Alex

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Based on my experience, there was no traffic drop after splitting campaigns. I have created separate product groups to create separate promo message so I would get better CTR.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

I have split my campaign with several product groups, with different promotional offer. So that now I am able to track which product group is performing well. But I should say there is no effect on impression.

Thanks,
Kaushik

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

What do you say  @AdWiser ?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I've got no option, David. With products worth anything between 10 EUR and over 20k eur in some cases, I just need the extra control & traffic shaping possibilities a granular structure can give me. I cannot bid at brand or product category level.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
And you don´t get an impression volume issue by doing that, in your experience?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Never tested it, to be honest.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I haven't noticed anything but not really tested. Because Shopping does not work the same as Search ads.

If search ads with allot of keywords vs low keywords do have an impact as it's part of the ranking.

While Shopping has it's ranking based on different some similar elements.

All in all I don't think that would be the case.

However if you have split down a product that has one product and it's not performing to provide you with enough information to make a choice how to bid. While having more products in the same genre would allow you to bid a little bit better.

I split them down some by category if less than 100 products. While over 300 - 500 products I add custom labels to have them at 100 products per ad group.

This so I can analyze the data easier.