AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

shopping tickets

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Does any of you if, or under what circumstances, it is possible to advertise tickets and voucers with Google Shopping?

I know there is a time sensitivity rule, https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2770254?hl=en-GB, but what if the ticket or voucher is valid for a very long time? (like year)

/ David

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: shopping tickets

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yup,
tickets have limited lifetime, therefore prohibited

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi David,
I haven't seen any long term events being able to be advertised. Google explicitly says "events" as not eligible so I take that to mean any kind of event, not matter what the timeline. I can't imagine there's a workaround for it though, at least not one without risk.

Others might have additional feedback or input here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave

this is not really an ordinary event, it´s more like a ticket for a museum, valid for a year and to be used any time during that year.
I´ll ask a rep, let´s see what they say and I´ll get back to you

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi David,
That's a perfect example actually. I've seen "experience" packs advertised in shopping before. You know the gifts of a day cooking in a chef school or a day learning to fly a plane. I'd imagine they fall into the same category. I'm not sure of they're still permissible but it sounds like it's possible, although work-aroundish.

Would be good if you could let me know what you hear back if you don't mind? I'd be interested to hear how this pans out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David - did you ever get an answer from your rep? I would be interested in understanding this policy too.

Many thanks! Phil
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yup,
tickets have limited lifetime, therefore prohibited