AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

"Product pages cannot be accessed" Error on a valid URL"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Crawl Error - "HTTP 5xx response". However, the URL's are valid, and have been serving ads with the same feed without a problem for the last 8 months. How do I figure out why I am getting this incorrect error?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Juan R

Hello.  500 errors are server related. So most likely something happened with your web hosting company the last time Adwords Bot checked your site. It could be just a matter of timing and that your web hosting company had a problem when a crawl was attempted.  If the URLs are working, it's likely that the web host company already fixed the problem.   I would try resubmitting if you can confirm that the url(s) in question are returning a valid 200 response.  You can check this for yourself by using a header checker. Just google search for it, and you'll find a lot of sites that will do this for you.   

I have seen instances where urls will load properly, but the header response was incorrect.  So I would confirm they are indeed returning a 200 before resubmitting.

If they aren't, you'll need to contact your web host company to see what the problem is.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, they are receiving a valid 200 response. What is the best way to resubmit, just fetch the same feed?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

To trigger a re crawl / review on a particular product one of the following can be done (it's not 100% guaranteed as I don't know what the trigger is)

Make a significant change to the product data

Append a query string to the image file for example ?v=05012018

You could also try deleting the product from the feed, than add it back in.

Otherwise there is no real method to trigger a re crawl and you will simply need to wait till Google re crawls which can take up to a month.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’