AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

promotional text for PLAs

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I am curious, while adding promotional text is not an option for Shopping any longer, is it possible to include it in Merchant Center feeds? Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user

promotional text for PLAs

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You can add promotions, you might not have the ability. If in GMC you do not have a promotions button under Products, than you need to request activation here : https://services.google.com/fb/forms/merchantpromotionsform/

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: promotional text for PLAs

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Susan,

While Promotional Text was retired in September 2015, there are a couple features that effectively replace it. One of these a form of promotional text that is automated by Google. Google will look at the features of your product and website to add a line of text below the site name (see the gray text in the image below). This can't be controlled but can be overwritten by Product Ratings or Special Offers.

Screenshot.png

The blue Special Offer links in the above image are called Google Merchant Promotions. This feature allows advertisers to display their online promotions within Shopping ads on Google.com and Google Shopping. These offers can be tied to all products or specific products and are setup in Google Merchant Center. Here is the article on how to set these up.

I hope this helps!

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.