AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

product_type_l1==*

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I checked in GA and I find some keyword e.g product_type_l1==* why few keywords appearing like that, most of the keywords appearing with item id like product_type_l1==artificial bamboo trees&+id==pxx. How can I fix this?

I just want to check which products(by using Item id) triggers for which search terms in google shopping.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author santosh s
November 2016

Re: product_type_l1==*

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @santosh s

product_type_l1==* means that ad triggered from 'Everything Else' product group. There's no more product type to show in this case, that's the reason it comes with a star symbol. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

product_type_l1==*

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Not sure where you see your first question, please explain the steps on how you got to where you are seeing, maybe a screenshot.

The second part is simply said, you can't. Unless you have created an ad group per product which in most cases is impossible.

You can only see search terms based on ad groups, so if you have 100 products in that ad group, you will see search terms for all these 100 products.

Try segmenting them into categories, brands and custom labels to get a more refined setup.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank for quick reply. I have attached screenshot. In GA I have clicked Acquisition>>Adwords>>Campaign>>My shopping campaign>>Secondary dimension>>Search query

Actually I'm able to find which product is showing for which search terms by using Item id but in few cases item id is blank e.g product_type_l1==* and for this I'm unable to find which product ad is triggering. I hope I explain it.

ThanksAdWords Campaigns   Analytics.png

product_type_l1==*

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

fyi santosh, in Google Shopping the asterisk * is sometimes used to denote "all" of some variable or quantity -- sort of an "everything of this type" marker.

product_type_l1==*

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

I was so confused, I hope you know that GA can stand for both Google Adwords and Google Analytics.

I recommend you check your data feed setup, as I'm guessing this is a extra parameter added. As this is not a normal setup, meaning someone added extra values.

Maybe someone else can assist.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

product_type_l1==*

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

@Emmanuel F I'm really sorry for the confusion. I have checked my data feed set up and set up is same for all products.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @santosh s

You are looking at the Keyword Column when you know that Shopping Campaigns do not have keywords targeting. For this reason, you see the paths of the parent product groups for the products which showed up as ads in Google searches.

All you need to look at is search term and that's readily being shown to you as Secondary Dimension in your report view. 

You are stretching GA beyond its limit Smiley Happy

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

product_type_l1==*

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm completely agree with you. I'm asking why most of paths have item id e.g product_type_l1==artificial bamboo trees&+id==pxx but very few don't have e.g product_type_l1==* (In this Item id is missing). 

My purpose is to know which product showing for which search terms by just checking item id in path of the parent product group.

**No intention to stretch GA beyond its limit ** Smiley Happy

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author santosh s
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @santosh s

product_type_l1==* means that ad triggered from 'Everything Else' product group. There's no more product type to show in this case, that's the reason it comes with a star symbol. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha