AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

my items don't show up under shopping results.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see impression count rising in the stats but when I search I don't see my items.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Check the campaign settings to see if your IP is blocked under IP Exclusions. You can also use the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool to search for your ads.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

First, never search for your own products. Every time you search for it you trigger a possible impression. Which will lead to a lower CTR and thus lower ranking. Which will also result in higher CPC.

Second, you can not use Ad Preview

The diagnostics tool gives you less info than in Adwords

What you need to do is check in the Search term report if you are showing up for relevant keywords. Make sure that the keywords you are trying to target are in your title. If not than you will not show up. Also note that it can take up to 2 weeks before the results stabilize if you have not made any changes.

hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @Pax L

As @Emmanuel_F pointed out, it is always a bad practice to search for your own ads as impressions are triggered without a click leading to a lower Click-Through Rate. 

To determine why your ads are not showing for you, you would need to review the campaign settings. Are you searching from a location not targeted in the account? Do your ads run during the time period you searched? It could be the search query you used is not triggered your product ad because of the way the feed is set up (non-descriptive titles, irrelevant descriptions, etc). 

Also, shopping hinges on having a sufficient bid to show in the shopping ads carousel. You may wish to consider bidding higher.

As Emmanuel_F stated, review your search terms report to see what queries users are using to find your products. You can review at the ad group or product level to review metrics for this. 

Let me know if this helps!

Nick

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi 

use this feature called impression share it shows you how often your ads show as compared to your competitors.

regards, 

Zaby

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the feedback. This all makes sense. I do still have a question about the shopping results. If there is only a single page of results for a certain keyword phrase why wouldn't they put my ad at the bottom of this page? Even if I'm the lowest bid, etc.? Just seems like the way it would work IDK.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

There are several reason why your product may not show up in Shopping results.  You many not rank high enough relative to other advertisers.  Your daily ad spend budget may not be high enough for your ad to show all the time.  Or, you daily ad spend may have already been consumed by clicks on other products in your feed. 

Also if you enter the same search term a number of times and do not click on the ad, Google will stop dishing the ad.  Try using a different browser or clearing the browser cache.  

In general it is more reliable to use upon the impression and clicks data, versus trying to "see" your ad by entering the search term.