AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

merchant centre custom labels not showing in shopping campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have been using custom labels for years and have based all of our shopping campaigns around them.

Unfortunately, out of the blue, the data seemed to have stopped appearing in our ad words shopping campaigns. However, everything else is coming through as normal.

The custom label data is visible in merchant centre. it would seem to be importing and updating just fine... it seems to be the link between MC & AW that is the issue then?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex A
April

Top Contributor
# 13
Top Contributor

your custom_label_0 has 3 hidden spaces between custom and _

and label and _

So this is your issue, simple empty / delete the content of the header cell, retype it manually (custom_label_o) do not copy paste from anywhere sometimes when you copy paste you copy hidden things you can't see

This should resolve your issue, once you updated it, wait maximum 2 to 3 hours with the NEW UI.

Hope it helps, report back if it worked or not.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to add there is nothing showing up in daignostics / or feed report to suggest that there is any issue importing custom labels.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

could you paste here any product information from the MC including the custom label data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, please see this screen shot .

I am experimenting with changing the name of the attrib to [custom_label_1] with brackets. seems to pick up the field without problem in MC jsut doesn't find its way through to AW shopping.

thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, have you tried custom label 0 ?

and are you using the new Adwords interface?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes, I have it's been using that for years. seems fine in MC but not feeding through to AdWords. It's the same whatever interface I use.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

normally, after final processing, the final attribute name must be:

custom label 0
custom label 1

etc.

custom_label_0 custom_label_1 are allowed

in the context of a feed -- except for the api --

and will finally process without underscores.

there is no such google-defined attribute-name as
[custom label 1]

check the submitted data for any [] or other invalid characters.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

yes, that is how I have the feed set as default for years. custom_label_0 in the feed, it shows up as custom label 0 in the final processing screen. 

I have just tried with the [] out of desperation as it is mentioned over again in the feed specs. not sure why. it could be clearer.

I have reimported my default feed and as you can see from this screen shot  custom label 0 is displaying as it should again in MC.

You can also see a screenshot of what I see in  Adwords all other data is coming through brand, category information etc . just Custom Labels are displaying only --

Just to reiterate we are not receiving any errors or warnings in MC in either diagnostics or feed reports. Also we have been using custom labels for years. 

Any ideas?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

When changing data feed data, it is important to remember to wait at least 24 hours for Adwords Old UI to update, if you are using the new UI, it is within 10 minutes or so.

I have also noticed that in certain situations, in the new UI it shows correctly but not in the old and visa versa. There are some bugs within this. So I recommend comparing both UI's, from the screenshots it looks like you are using the old UI, so maybe try the new one. By clicking on the blue button in the bottom right corner. If you do not have access the the new UI, than contact your Google Partner.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, thank everyone for your help.

I have tried both UIs it makes no difference sadly ..  and this problem has been going on for weeks the custom label has not changed for years and has always worked and been correct.  Unfortunately, we have not been able to get an explanation from google so far. 

At this point, I take it, everyone, above can confirm that the data is displaying correctly in MC as it should ... so we can only assume that there is some bug or another issue beyond our control if it fails to filter through to adwords. Unless anyone has any other pointers I guess this is only solvable by google themselves.