AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

keywords - shopping camp

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I have created a shopping camp for "Red Shoes" . In data feed i have written title red shoes & in description i have mentioned about size, shape etc.

When i am searching for red shoes, my ad is showing in google shopping, but if i search for red shoes manufacturer it is not showing, what should i do

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: keywords - shopping camp

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jeewan G,

If your Google Shopping Ad is not showing for the keyword which you think that is relevant, there can be two reasons,

1. Ad Relevance or Low Bid

2. Google thinks your doesn't match the search query and your ad will never enter the auction.

Based on your example given, I would suggest not to focus on the keyword (red shoes manufacturer) since there is low probability of buying intent.

If you still want to move ahead, you can add related information within title or description of specific products. This can increase the chances of showing your Shopping Campaign Ads. You can also checkout, best practices on optimizing your shopping campaigns here.

Regards,

Shafi Ahamed

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jeewan,

Everything Shafi has said is correct. I wanted to ask, when you search for "red shoe manufacturer", are any shopping ads showing?

One thing to note is that Google doesn't show shopping ads for all queries. It tries to show shopping ads to queries that indicate that a searcher is ready to purchase. I'm not positive (it's just my opinion) but it seems likely that Google might not show shopping results for queries containing the word "manufacturer" because most searchers are not looking to buy directly from a manufacturer. As Shafi said, I wouldn't worry too much about optimizing for manufacturer terms. It could waste a lot of money.

Do you have regular search campaigns running? If not, you might want to consider adding adding them. That way you can write text ads directed specifically about B2B clientele. "Red Shoes Manufacturer" might be too specific for search ads, there may not be enough search volume. "Shoe Manufacturer" might be available, though.

Good luck!

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank You @Amy Bishop for writing for my query. You are some what right, i have not seen many shopping ads for manufacturer, but i have seen few, like bed sheet manufacturer ( see the image ) If any thing can be done for even shoe manufacturer, i would like to do

manufacturer image.jpg

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

product-listing-ads do not use keywords --
key, relevant, words and the ads are derived
by google from the product information that
is submitted to google (within the data-feed).

all information submitted to google for a product listing must
be clearly relevant and must also directly relate to the content
on the link landing page of the physical product being sold.

generally, attempting to submit irrelevant or unrelated
information with respect to the physical product or how
the physical product might be used, is a policy violation
and grounds for disapproval or suspension, at any time.

all data submitted must be relevant, clear,
accurate, and descriptive of the actual
physical product being offered for sale.

see also
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2700371
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jeewan,

When you go to the Shopping section, do you show for red shoes manufacturer? Just curious. It could be that you are showing but just not on page 1. Just a thought!

Best,
Amy