AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

insufficient product identifiers: Missing two out of three attributes [GTIN, brand, mpn]

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,Actually I have used  content api for my google shopping data feed but it gives me error that insufficient product identifiers: Missing two out of three attributes [GTIN, brand, mpn] but i have not given any type of GTIN number to product  in my shopify account .I didn't why they are giving such type of error.I have attached the ss of it for better understanding.Please help me to solve this issue.Thank you.GTIN_Error.PNG

2 Expert replyverified_user

insufficient product identifiers: Missing two out of three attributes [GTIN, brand, mpn]

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1) If a manufacturer has assigned a bar code, you are required to add this in the GTIN field and submit the brand. Than submit Identifier Exists to yes

2) If the manufacturer has not assigned a bar code, than you need to remove the brand, gtin and mpn values. Than submit Identifier Exists to no

More info : 

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324351

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324461

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324482

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324478

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

If your products are not eligible for identifier_exists false (handmade goods, antiques etc.), you have to assign at least two parameters to your products out of these three: brand, gtin or mpn. 

More about identifier_exists:

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324478?hl=en

If you don't know the bar codes or other type of gtin, you can use brand and mpn combination. You can use your own identification for mpn. Here is more info about mpn:

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324482?hl=en

Regards,

Hana

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I would like to correct Hana, with the sentence if you don't know as this is not correct. Regardless if you know the bar codes or not, if the manufacturer has assigned a bar code, you are required to add this. So you need to physically look at the packaging of the product or contact the manufacturer for a list.

Also certain brands require bar codes to be added, regardless if you have them or not. Hence why you need to look at the packaging.

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Emmanuel F.

I have always used mpn if the gtins are not in the clients system and the products got approved and work well... but I agree it depends on the type of product.

Have a nice day.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Getting approved and following the policies are two different things. Google does not check the validity of every product data when approving. If enough merchants have followed the policy and added the GTIN value when the manufacturer has assigned one, than the accounts without this info will be flagged when detected and products get disapproved.

I'm emphasizing this, because I want to avoid merchants ignoring the GTIN field because they think they don't have the bar code. The bar code rule is simply, if there is one on the packaging, than you need to add it. As it is required that all merchants stock there products in there warehouse, it is easy for them to check the products they submit from there stocks.

Also note that regardless if a client has data or not, a merchant always has to follow policies. At any given time even years after the approval, a suspension is possible if detected. So to ensure clients don't get into trouble in the future it is always best to submit accurate data and that the merchant understands the policies.

For freelancers and agencies, they have to force the merchant to supply the data, it is in there best interest to follow policies and also you get more potential impressions when doing this.

If in doubt just ask here, we always help where possible.

Re: insufficient product identifiers: Missing two out of three attributes [GTIN, brand, mpn]

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

identifier_exists set to no is required by google for all items that do
not have gtin and brand -- such as custom-goods or handmade-goods.

in the instances where identifier_exists no is required by google, brand,
gtin, and mpn (all three), must not be submitted, at all, for that item.

if the api is being used to submit items, then the best likely course

is to post in the api forums, for details on how to properly submit

identifier_exists set to no/false and for details on how to not submit

mpn, brand, and gtin, for those specific item-offers, to help avoid a

current or future policy flag.

note that if global-trade-data currently exists -- are currently

stamped on the product or package -- then valid and proper

global-trade-data must be submitted; otherwise, such items

cannot be submitted until the proper, valid, data is obtained.

the unique-product-identifiers -- global-trade-data -- mpn, brand, gtin --
define a product that is being sold by merchants in the global marketplace.

unique product identifiers are assigned to each product
by the manufacturer -- not by merchants or retailers.

unique-product-identifiers, are assigned to each product by the manufacturer
and are mainly legal designations, assigned by the manufacturer, that allows
google and customers to identify an exact, specific, item-offer with an exact,
specific, manufacturer -- regardless of which merchant or retailer happens to

be selling that specific item-offer.

use mpn, assigned by the manufacturer, and only the manufacturer;
never use any merchant-created or merchant-assigned value for mpn --
or any other global-trade-data attribute (mpn, brand, gtin).

mpn is the manufacturer-part-number -- not a sku or merchant-assigned number;
mpn is used globally and uniquely connects a specific product to a manufacturer.

similarly, with respect to google's policies and global-trade in general,
gtin and brand values are assigned by a manufacturer, not merchants.

the most accurate source of global-trade-data is always from the
product or product packaging -- typically printed directly on the
product or package, at the factory, by the manufacturer.

if valid global-trade-data currently exists, then the product has
prescribed values assigned by the manufacturer -- submitting any
other values is grounds for disapproval or suspension at any time.

inventing or approximating unique-product-identifiers --
global-trade-data -- mpn, brand, gtin -- is grounds for
disapproval or suspension from the program, at any time.

there are many circumstances where google does not immediately
remove items from the auctions, or flag items or merchants, that

have not been following the policies.

however, if advertisers/merchants continue to break the rules over time,
or break any rule flagrantly, then a disapproval or permanent suspension
from the program, may be issued by google, at any time.