AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

how to upload photos to feed

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Which URL are they looking for to upload the photos, can I link to the photo library, or do I have to put in a URL for each of the 100 listings that I am uploading? Is it really this painful? I have also configured shipping to carrier, and it is still saying that I failed - again.....is there a step by step tutorial for doing this instead of the vague answers that I keep finding>

2 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Google is expecting that your landing page/site will be hosting images of the product.  So you just need to goto that url, copy it, and put it into the product feed. They will then crawl the images, index them, and use them when displaying your Google Shopping ads.  

hth!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I  have the URL for each product and it is saying invalid image.  Just like the shipping - I am invalid.  I am usually fairly techy.  I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with a guy at Google and he couldn't figure it out either.  He said it would all work out in 3 days- that was 4 days ago

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Check the image size vs requirements.  Also, some software will generate JPEG's which are unrecognizable to some software.  I always have better luck opening them in Photoshop first, then re-saving as JPEG with web-friendly parameters. 

Backing up a bit... I'm assuming you tried using the image links in your browser?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my photos are 960 x 960 and 96 px. I am using a feed generator for Word Press and woo commerce.  I literally have 5 to 9 photos per items and currently, have over 200 items - none the same.  You see the dilemma?  Also with Apple's photo program, to run them through photoshop to reformat, I loose all my editing.  I was hoping that they would be web friendly when I shot them at the parameters that I did.  I used the listing URL.  That is what the guy at google told me to do.  Otherwise, if I have to crawl through my photo library to get each URL for one photo for each listing and somehow attach it to the upload, I will just abandon this whole process.  I am a one person shop.  My plugin does allow me to link to the photo's library.  I don't know that it will figure out which photo goes to which listing, though.  Just like it can't seem to figure out the weights that I have input for each item.  The feed isn't seeing those either.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you carefully review the image specs for Google Shopping?  I don't remember the max size but those might be too big.  You probably know it's pretty easy with Photoshop to make copies of an entire folder of images and downsize them, into another folder. 

Yep setting up stores can get pretty tedious -- I remember spending 6 months setting up a Yahoo! store back in 2005Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

I recommend to share a snipit or full part of your data feed, otherwise this is a bit of guesswork.

Your image size is not too big, but you might have issues with the plugin you are using.

let us know and we will try to help

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Emmanuel and Steve,
thanks for your help.  What I can print out from the feed plugin is the url.xml that I submit.  And look, the weights are not there, so yes, part of this issue is the plugin and I will go searching for another.  However, it does have my listing URL for the photo.  If you have a specific woocommerce feed plugin that works well for this (and Facebook shops too, if possible) I am open to suggestions.  I can not afford those that have the monthly charges but the yearly license fee will be OK.   

<g:id>A0741</g:id>
<g:title>
Pink Cyclamen Cup Saucer, Ronald van Ruyckevelt, Bloemen van Nederland,
</g:title>
<g:description>
<![CDATA[
Dainty pink Cyclamen flowers decorate this cup and saucer set.  Designed by Ronald van Ruyckevelt,  the cheery, floral, white porcelain cup, and saucer, is part of the Bloemen van Nederland series.  Buy all 12 for an entire bouquet of spring flowers.
]]>
</g:description>
<g:google_product_category>
<![CDATA[ Home &amp; Garden ]]>
</g:google_product_category>
<gSmiley Tonguerice>9.50</gSmiley Tonguerice>
<g:condition>used</g:condition>
<g:availability>in stock</g:availability>
<g:identifier_exists>false</g:identifier_exists>
</item>

Re: how to upload photos to feed

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

for the image_link value, for that item, simply use the following url:
https://lilieslegacies.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/P8278949-600x600.jpg

for image_link google simply wants the url, of the (jpg)
image file, of the primary image, on the landing-page;

e.g.

<g:image_link>
https://lilieslegacies.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/P8278949-600x600.jpg
</g:image_link>

for exactly how to do this, for that particular plug-in,
the best likely course would be to contact whoever is
currently supporting that particular plugin, or also
try asking in one of the woo-commerce related forums.

as an aside, there are many issues that may cause google to flag a
submitted product image -- in this particular case, the image_link
value pointed to a landing-page, not a primary product image, and

not an  image file, at all, so the "image" was invalid.

all images submitted must also meet all google's policies

and google must be able to crawl and cache all images.

generally, always verify the processed results, for the
submitted shopping-ad (inventory) product data, by
clicking on the item's title, under the products-list-tab,
within the merchant-center-account -- a submitted

image should be viewable within 72-hours or so.

see also
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324350
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112#image_link
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/woocommerce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tha

Thank you so very much for your help. I believe a new plugin is in order.