AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

how to re upload products onto a merchant account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my web guy has gone into slow mo can anyone help out how to re upload products to a merchant account please?

thanking you

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author cliff g
September 2015

Re: how to re upload products onto a merchant account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Cliff G,

That's a very complicated question/answer. Do you use a CMS like WordPress, Joomla, etc? If so, there should be plug-ins available to format the product feed. If it's an in-house solution, you'll need to have your programmers figure it out.

Basically, you will need a Google Merchant Account. You format your product feed according to the specs given and either manually upload the feed or set a schedule for the upload.

The upload can be done using a Spreadsheet, exported to a .csv file and uploaded. This isn't too bad unless you have hundreds of products.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Cliff

Do you use Woo Commerce with your wordpress? 

Woo Commerce

If not, you could get this and follow the instructions found here - 

Woo Commerce Help

This would be found under the left hand menu in your admin settings.

Essentially, you only have to upload your products if there has been stock changes, price changes etc OR if it has been more than 30 days since your last update.

Although, personally, I advise uploading on a more frequent basis to keep your data fresh, you can use the feed for the full 30 days if all the data is still correct with landing pages.

I have experience working with WooCommerce for some of my customers and I tend to export this data and manipulate the data in order to create an optimum feed, so your web developer may be carrying out something like this. 

Alternatively, if you are not using WooCommerce, you may be using an alternative export method, which allows direct upload or again, requires some sort of manipulation.

If you could confirm which option you use, then I can assist you further.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Cliff G,

That's a very complicated question/answer. Do you use a CMS like WordPress, Joomla, etc? If so, there should be plug-ins available to format the product feed. If it's an in-house solution, you'll need to have your programmers figure it out.

Basically, you will need a Google Merchant Account. You format your product feed according to the specs given and either manually upload the feed or set a schedule for the upload.

The upload can be done using a Spreadsheet, exported to a .csv file and uploaded. This isn't too bad unless you have hundreds of products.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi pete. i do have wordpress and a google merchant account. i agree it is confusing
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Cliff

Do you use Woo Commerce with your wordpress? 

Woo Commerce

If not, you could get this and follow the instructions found here - 

Woo Commerce Help

This would be found under the left hand menu in your admin settings.

Essentially, you only have to upload your products if there has been stock changes, price changes etc OR if it has been more than 30 days since your last update.

Although, personally, I advise uploading on a more frequent basis to keep your data fresh, you can use the feed for the full 30 days if all the data is still correct with landing pages.

I have experience working with WooCommerce for some of my customers and I tend to export this data and manipulate the data in order to create an optimum feed, so your web developer may be carrying out something like this. 

Alternatively, if you are not using WooCommerce, you may be using an alternative export method, which allows direct upload or again, requires some sort of manipulation.

If you could confirm which option you use, then I can assist you further.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.