AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

how do you add a max Bid field to datafeed? vs. AdsWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Instead of a set / one Max CPC bid across the board for all of our PLAs listings - how do we ad a Max Bids Field / Column to our our PLAs datafeed - vs. doing it in the AdWords interface?

Goal: to have separate bids for each product (i.e .if a particular product is generating too many clicks

Thank you in advance for pointing me on Google I can find these datafeed Tech Specs - to modify our Google Shopping/PLAs XML datafeed.

Bob

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do you add a max Bid field to datafeed? vs. AdsWords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Bob,

I don't believe we have the option to add a Max Bid field for individual products. If you wish to bid separately for each product you need to target each product in a separate Target group ( shopping campaign equivalent of an adgroup). The reason I am suggesting this is because for a Shopping campaign, you do bidding at the target group level and by splitting your products into individual target groups, you will be able to achieve what you are looking to do.

Although, I have to warn you that splitting products into individual target groups can lead to a drop in your overall visibility. This is just a personal experience that I have had with my Shopping Campaigns, Weigh your options here and then proceed ahead.

The best approach here would be to do bidding at the target group level and try and give maximum visibility to your top performing target groups thereby ensuring that your top performing products have enough visibility as well.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"