AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

help needed Checkout incomplete: Content that is unnecessarily difficult or frustrating to navigate.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I recently opened a google merchant account Merchant ID: 122700947

I have a website where im selling loose diamonds , im using a category 188 ( jewellery, broad ) for my feed. So far so good.

As im targetting  European countries I understand my feed should not only redirect to the right languages but also product titles and names need to be in the exact same language. 

After testing the merchangt account for a week it got suspended with the following message:

Checkout incomplete: Content that is unnecessarily difficult or frustrating to navigate.

I have no clue what is wrong with my checkout process and allthough I have contacted google and asked to be called several times I only get a  standard reply. leaving me pretty much clueless

site : https://antwerpdiamonds.direct

Personally i dont see what is wrong with my checkout process, I followed all industry best practices, i have onepage checkout installed on my site so the user can clearly see all information in one easy overview.

In addition my site was audited and received a full certification  as a Safe shop ( complying to all legal aspects + giving full transparency to all customers)

Im not sure what can I do else?

would appreciate some input 

1 Expert replyverified_user

help needed Checkout incomplete: Content that is unnecessarily difficult or frustrating to navigate.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

The issue is that your buttons in the checkout are placed in such a way that it is confusing. Once you are in the cart, the proceed to checkout button is outside of the page. The reason it feels this way is that you have the footer sticking just under the cart items, this makes the side bar menu feel outside of the flow.

A checkout should be simplified without any extra links, images etc.. that can confuse the flow.

Have a look at a checkout designed by Shopify. This is a perfect example of a focused checkout experience. I recommend you clean up the checkout process and then ask for a re-approval here : https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/suspended

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’