AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

google shopping listing Vs shopping campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hi,

Please a bit confusing for me the gap between Shopping Campaigns and Google Shopping ..look for a straight reply ..

If i ve got only a gmc account without any adwords account, will my products inventory be listed on google/shopping ?

If yes, i assume that they'll be displayed after products coming from  shopping campaigns feed. Is that right ?

Tks a lot !

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author garguier s
September 2015

Re: google shopping listing Vs shopping campaign

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

(1) no.

google-shopping is a competitive ad auction
and shows product-listing-ads (feed items)
if there is enough bid and quality to win in

the auctions.

a shopping-campaign is required to assign bids to products (groups).

see also

http://www.google.com/ads/shopping/

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Garguier,

Just to add to Celebird's awesome (as usual) answer, when you use google shopping, all of the results are ads. There used to be unpaid listings, as well, but not anymore. To appear in the Google Shopping section, you must use Google Merchant center for your product feed and set up a Google Shopping campaign through AdWords to manage your bids and budget.

The GMC portion is important, too, though, because your product descriptions will affect your relevance and ad rank in conjunction with the bids you place in AdWords. You can add negatives in AdWords to help ensure that your ads show for only relevant searches.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

(1) no.

google-shopping is a competitive ad auction
and shows product-listing-ads (feed items)
if there is enough bid and quality to win in

the auctions.

a shopping-campaign is required to assign bids to products (groups).

see also

http://www.google.com/ads/shopping/

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Garguier,

Just to add to Celebird's awesome (as usual) answer, when you use google shopping, all of the results are ads. There used to be unpaid listings, as well, but not anymore. To appear in the Google Shopping section, you must use Google Merchant center for your product feed and set up a Google Shopping campaign through AdWords to manage your bids and budget.

The GMC portion is important, too, though, because your product descriptions will affect your relevance and ad rank in conjunction with the bids you place in AdWords. You can add negatives in AdWords to help ensure that your ads show for only relevant searches.

Good luck!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Celebird @Amy Bishop ..thanks a lot

Clear enough now ! Gmc + adwords shopping Campaign  = Google Search ads & Google Shopping listing 

Now, to achieve a good ranking  for both channel  seems a bit hard..Any tips appreciated !