AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

google Trsuted Stores definition of a business day

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

google trusted stores says we have 1 business day to respond after a case is created by a customer. Does that mean we have 24 hours to respond after the case is opened, or is it the next full business day? So if a case is opened up early tuesday at 5 pm, do we have to respond to it by 5 pm on wednesday or would we have until 11:59 pm wednesday (the next full business day)?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: google Trsuted Stores definition of a business day

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @aaron f,

In short, you do have to the end of the next business day, not a 24 hour countdown. Please keep in mind that the escalation period is meant to be time sensitive and the reply/resolution needs to happen as quickly as possible, the sooner the better.

A business day is not a 24 hour countdown, nor is it Saturday or Sunday. So, if something takes place at Tuesday at 5pm, the business day would be Wednesday. If it takes place on Saturday, the business day would be Monday. The specific timeline of when that business day would end is at the end of the business day. Keep in mind that server time/timezone and your exact time on your clock may vary by hours, so I would not press the time to 11:59 pm (your time) and expect it to be 11:59 pm with all involved, including Google. Consider your timezone when compiling your timeline to respond. I also would expect to reply by early evening the next business day, not the wee hours of the evening. Example: most stores close by 9 pm, whereas customer support often ends at 8 pm. Calling a support line often closes at 8 pm, not 10:30 pm.

Kind Regards,

James