AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

facebook vs google adwords/merchant center

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have been only doing google adwords/merchant center and did facebook only few times. Has anyone done both and give a rundown on the pros and cons? I know they are lot different but both are ppc style. I think from my experience fb was good to promote like a single item and will show up on fb users (works cause i bought stuff that appears on my fb and was in area i was interested in haha).. But targeting people seems bit tricky and if doesn't work the cost can go high.  For google, seems like its more broader and can put my whole shop and people doing as search like ebay and so don't have to target too much as they are searching am i correct a bit?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

comparisons to other online advertising services

is a bit beyond the scope of google's help-forum.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

But I thought anything related to google. Google knows it all lol

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This is a public forum where forum members are merchants, freelancers, developers, managers, agencies etc... We are not part of Google.

My advice is to research articles which highlight specific benefits with each platform.

And testing the advertising yourself will allow you to see how effective it is.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’