AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

3.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

expiry date

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Can I make Expiry of my products in data feed more than 30 days

If yes , then how many months

Re: expiry date

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Jeewan G

No, you cannot extend the expiration of items to longer than the default 30 days.

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494 

Why do you wish to do this? 

If your items and feed never change, it is imperative that no change occurs in pricing etc, you can place your feed on a URL and set a schedule for this to be fetched by Google before the 30 days period, so no interaction will be required by you. If your feed changes, in any way, then you would need to ensure you upload a fresh copy to the destination URL.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank You @Tom_Wlison for the fast reply, because every time i have to send it for updation, Since my product prices & packaging are same, then why should i do it regularly

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Jeewan G

You are welcome. Most users have stock changes or modifications to prices or stock, so update more often than the 30 day period. 

It is best to keep your datafeed fresh in my experience, however, unless Google change it, you must upload at least once in the 30 days. 

Tom Wilson

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
You have written :
If your items and feed never change, it is imperative that no change occurs in pricing etc, you can place your feed on a URL and set a schedule for this to be fetched by Google before the 30 days period, so no interaction will be required by you. If your feed changes, in any way, then you would need to ensure you upload a fresh copy to the destination URL.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How i can be done please tell me

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/1219255

This link will explain all you need to do in order to have Google retrieve your datafeed from a URL.

In order to make your feed available on a destination URL, you must upload the feed with the exact name you have registered the datafeed within your Google Merchant Center Dashboard. eg.

http://www.sitename.com/datafeed.txt

Registered datafeed name - datafeed.txt

Please be sure if anything every changes in your store, you update this on the URL also.

Tom Wilson