AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

exclude single product from shopping

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Anyone know if and how one can exclude a single product that is on ones list from showing in shopping ad?

I know one could use negative keywords, but I don´t think that is safe enough, can be too narrow, can be too broad.

I just wanna make sure one product is not showing as/in ad

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Precisera
September 2015

Re: exclude single product from shopping

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey, David.

You need to split your product targets in the ad group that targets a list of products (including the one you're trying to exclude) down to individual items.

Then you'll have the options to bid separately or exclude that product. However, the thing is to use a structure that does not target the same product as a part of another group in your campaign.

So if you have two ad groups, Full HD and LED TVs and there are products matching both, you'll have to exclude the product in both.

If you have access to your feed though, you can use this: <g:excluded_destination>Shopping</g:excluded_destination>
(https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?rd=1)
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Precisera
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey, David.

You need to split your product targets in the ad group that targets a list of products (including the one you're trying to exclude) down to individual items.

Then you'll have the options to bid separately or exclude that product. However, the thing is to use a structure that does not target the same product as a part of another group in your campaign.

So if you have two ad groups, Full HD and LED TVs and there are products matching both, you'll have to exclude the product in both.

If you have access to your feed though, you can use this: <g:excluded_destination>Shopping</g:excluded_destination>
(https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?rd=1)
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Calin +adwiser, I was kind of reckoning you´d gice me an answer on this?

See you in California in October?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You're welcome, David. Sorry for doing the expected Smiley Happy. (Keep this private, but I thought it'll take you less than one day to reply Smiley Tongue).

California in October? Depends on where and when each of us will be Smiley Happy.