AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

ecomm_prodid not matching id in merchant center

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Community, 

I have worked with our programmer as well as our Shopify Expert as well as an individual at WordStream and no one can clearly tell me the issue or how to resolve it. I have two status reviews: 

1. Tag "product ID" values don't match the "product ID" values in your feed - how do I fix this? My feed in Merchant Center is up to date and noted as good, so I know this is something to do with the Tag. I use GTM and would greatly appreciate a step by step instructions on how to fix this. 

2. 3 ad groups are targeting audience lists with fewer than 100 active users - I don't know how this can be true because I have added all retargeting/remarketing lists the campaigns and the impressions is 1000+, so why do I keep getting this error?

I have a remarketing tag set up via Google Analytics all Page View and Adwords. Do I need to choose one or the other? Please help! 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

How have you generated your feed? The official Shopify plugin, or a 3rd party one, or by spreadsheet?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was a Shopify Plug In

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We used an app called Merchant Acceleration. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Sorry, I'm, not familiar with that one. Maybe someone else here is?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The remarketing tag needs to be installed from Adwords not Analytics as ecomm_prodid is a dynamic tag part of Adwords.

You need to install the adwords remarketing tag into to your theme.

To make sure the product id is the same you need to first identify what your feed is using. Is it a SKU, a shopify ID (shopify_US_131467613165_64678432), something else?

Than when you have identifier which ID the feed is using, insert the same ID in the remarketing code.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This may be a dumb question but do I need to insert ALL of my 200+ product IDs into the remarketing code? What would that look like?

Also, if I am using Google Tag Manager, how would I set this up?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

It needs to be added dynamically, using code. Google doesn't make this very clear in their instructions. If you use a popular CMS like WordPress, there are plugins you can use. If you have a custom made site, you'll need a developer.