AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

ecomm_category inside merchant product feed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello to everyone,

how adwords match category of remarketing tag with category inside the merchant product feed? So it is possible to match Snippet ecomm_category to any product feed property?

There are any property inside the feed to specify similar product?

thankyou so much

Have a nice day!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ecomm_category inside merchant product feed?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Mariasole,

Thanks for posting to the Community! I wonder if you could clarify a little bit so that I can better help you. It sounds like you are trying to set up Dynamic Remarketing for a retail business. Is that the case?

Dynamic remarketing automatically chooses which ads to show to which users, so you do not need to tell the system what is and is not a similar product in your inventory. Let me know if that answers your question, or if you were asking something else and I'll be happy to help.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie, thank you for you reply Smiley Happy
Yes i'm talking about Dynamic Remarketing and i'm using ecomm_pagetype indicate the type of page and ecomm_category specify the category of the currently viewed product, but how this information match the merchant product feed? Only for the ecomm_prodid? If i have groups of product for example technical ebooks inside books, user view an adventure ebook: the system show him other adventure books? show him techinical books? or show him adventure books that are similar to the adventure book that he are viewving? And final where is the match between adventure or techinical ebooks inside product feed and the tag?
I tried to explain, but the heart of the problem is that i cannot specify all product's detail in the merchant feed and in the remarketing tag...

Sorry for my english and thank you to everyone!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
The ecomm_category is a variable that can have a value that you define, and has no requirements to match any rules. So if you want to add adventure book than add adventure book.
More on the subject here
https://developers.google.com/adwords-remarketing-tag/parameters?hl=en

There is no requirement to add this variable at this point.
Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, but how this variable match the merchant feed?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
The value has nothing to do with the merchant feed. It is your website categorization.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Have you read my reply to Cassie?

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Hi Mariasole,

I'm still not sure I completely understand your question. The Dynamic Remarketing algorithm works on a complex algorithm, and does not take into factor any single factor on its own. Like Emmanuel said, the ecomm_category parameter is not necessary in order for you to run Dynamic Remarketing; rather, it is a way for you to further categorize your site so that the algorithm can determine which products to show to which customers when they are being remarketed to.

As you'll see on the original Google Developer's guide you linked to, the ecomm_category "can be any value and does not need to conform to any specific naming convention." So you do not need to map these to the categories you use in your Merchant Center feed. However, if doing so makes the most sense to you, you can do that.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, or if you are asking something else that I missed,
Cassie