AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

different products on the landing pages from those specified in the data feed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Account suspended due to violation of feed specification: different products on the landing pages from those specified in the data feed.

The google merchant center sent to me this sentence, " If the same product portfolio has N different styles, you will need to submit N units product data and add 'item group id' to this attribute as a set of these goods. There are two kinds of gender, products in 16385, for example, 8 kinds of sizes to choose from, you need to submit 2 × 8 units of product data, and add all the same 'item group id' as a group. "
That is, for example, a product has two kinds of gender (male or female)and three kinds sizes (small, middle, large), the feed should generate 6 units (2×3) of products, and mark them as the same products using a specific attribute, whatever it is. However, the truth is, in my feed, it generate only one product, not 6.

I use simple google shopping to submit my feed. And my XML template is the following:

<!-- Basic Product Information -->
<g:id>{sku}</g:id>
<g:condition>new</g:condition>
<title>{name,[substr],[70],[...]}</title>
<description>{description,[html_entity_decode],[strip_tags]}</description>
{G:GOOGLE_PRODUCT_CATEGORY}
<gSmiley Tongueroduct_type>{categories,[last]}</gSmiley Tongueroduct_type>
<link>{url parent}</link>
{G:IMAGE_LINK}

<!-- Availability & Price -->
<g:availability>{is_in_stock?[in stock]:[out of stock]:[available for order]}</g:availability>
<gSmiley Tonguerice>{normal_price,[USD],[0]}USD</gSmiley Tonguerice>
{GSmiley FrustratedALE_PRICE,[USD],[0]}

<!-- Unique Product Identifiers-->
<g:brand>CosplaySky</g:brand>
<g:gtin>{upc}</g:gtin>
<g:mpn>{sku}</g:mpn>
<g:identifier_exists>TRUE</g:identifier_exists>

<!-- Apparel Products -->
<g:age_group>{age_group}</g:age_group>
<g:color>{color}</g:color>
<g:size>{size}</g:size>

<!-- Product Variants -->
<g:item_group_id>{sku configurable}</g:item_group_id>
<g:material>{material}</g:material>
<gSmiley Tongueattern>{pattern}</gSmiley Tongueattern>

<!-- Shipping -->
<g:shipping_weight>{weight,[float],[2]}kg</g:shipping_weight>

<!-- Product type -->
<g:custom_label_0>{sellingrate}</g:custom_label_0>
<g:adwords_grouping>{type}</g:adwords_grouping>

<!-- AdWords attributes -->
<g:adwords_grouping>{adwords_grouping}</g:adwords_grouping>
<g:adwords_labels>{adwords_labels}</g:adwords_labels>

I do not know what was wrong with my feed. Could anybody help me? Any opinion would be appreciated. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: different products on the landing pages from those specified in the data feed

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

what is submitted to google must be based on
actual, physical, on-hand, in stock, inventory --
both the landing-page and what is submitted
must match real physical inventory availability,
at all times.

for example, if six physical variants of the same product-line are currently
in stock then, six variant items must be available for purchase on the site,
and six variant items should be submitted to google -- not one.

a product that comes in a choice of two genders and

and eight sizes, is sixteen inventory items -- not one.

variant items must be submitted per all the variant rules and policies --
for example, an identical item_group_id value and at least one unique
variant attribute value, for all inventory items within a variant-group.

google recommends that the link should preselect an exact, in stock,
variant-item; for example, if the in-stock item is size xxl, male, then,
male, size xxl, should be preselected for the user -- either by using a

separate link landing-page or a server-script with url-parameters; e.g.
http://example.com/abc-costume.html?gender=male&size=xxl
http://example.com/abc-costume-male-xxl.html

only physically on-hand inventory should be submitted as in stock --

of course, there is no requirement to submit all in stock items.

see also
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/1347943

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/1344057
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494#detailed_product

Re: different products on the landing pages from those specified in the data feed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I totally understand what you mean. What my problem is how to implement. That is, how to set my XML template.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Please find some templates I built last year, do not copy it, make sure you understand what I have done and extract the elements into your template. I might be wrong but looking at your example it seems to be Magento, if that is the case, please view the codes below.

If it is mirasvit

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:g="http://base.google.com/ns/1.0">  
  <channel>  
    <title>Data feed Title</title>
    <link>{base_url}</link>
    <description>Data feed description.</description>
    {each type="product"}
      <item>
        <g:id><![CDATA[{sku, [substr 0 50]}]]></g:id>
        <g:item_group_id><![CDATA[{sku|parent, [substr 0 50]}]]></g:item_group_id>
        <title><![CDATA[{name, [substr 0 150]}]]></title>
        <link><![CDATA[{url|parent}]]></link>
        <g:price>{price,[number_format 2]} GBP</g:price>
        <description><![CDATA[{description,[strip_tags],[htmlentities],[html2plain],[substr 0 1000]}]]></description>
        <g:product_type><![CDATA[{category_path|parent}]]></g:product_type>
        <g:google_product_category><![CDATA[{mapping:1}]]></g:google_product_category>
        <g:image_link><![CDATA[{image}]]></g:image_link>
        <g:availability><![CDATA[{custom:fa_availability}]]></g:availability>
        <g:shipping_weight>{weight, [number_format 2]} kg</g:shipping_weight>
        <g:brand><![CDATA[{manufacturer|parent, [substr 0 70]}]]></g:brand>
        <g:mpn><![CDATA[{mpn, [substr 0 70]}]]></g:mpn>
        <g:gtin><![CDATA[{ean}]]></g:gtin>
        <g:shipping>
           <g:country>GB</g:country>
           <g:price>11 GBP</g:price>
        </g:shipping>
        {(return (strtotime($special_to_date) > strtotime(date('d.m.Y H:i:s')) && $special_price > 0) ? '<g:sale_price>'.number_format(($special_price),2).'</g:sale_price>' : '';)}
{(return (strtotime($special_to_date) > strtotime(date('d.m.Y H:i:s')) ) ? '<g:sale_price_effective_date>'.date("Y-m-d",strtotime($special_from_date)).'T00:00-0000/'.date("Y-m-d",strtotime($special_to_date)).'T00:00-0000'.'</g:sale_price_effective_date>' :'';)}
      </item>
    {/each}
  </channel>
</rss>

If its wyomind

option 1

<item>
<description>{description,[html_entity_decode],[strip_tags],[substr],[5000],[...]}</description>
<g:google_product_category>{google_base_breadcrumb}</g:google_product_category>
<g:product_type>{google_base_breadcrumb}</g:product_type>
<link>{url}</link>
<g:image_link>{image}</g:image_link>
<g:additional_image_link></g:additional_image_link>
<g:availability>in stock</g:availability>
<g:price>{price,[0]}</g:price>
<g:sale_price>{special_price}</g:sale_price>
<g:brand>{manufacturer}</g:brand>
   <g:country>US</g:country>
   <g:service>Ground</g:service>
   <g:price>0.00</g:price>
<g:tax>
   <g:country>US</g:country>
   <g:region>FL</g:region>
   <g:rate>6.00</g:rate>
   <g:tax_ship>n</g:tax_ship>
</g:tax>
<g:shipping_weight>{weight} pounds</g:shipping_weight>
<g:online_only>y</g:online_only>
</item>

option 2

<item>
<description>{description,[html_entity_decode],[strip_tags],[substr],[5000],[...]}</description>
<g:google_product_category>{google_base_breadcrumb}</g:google_product_category>
<g:product_type>{google_base_breadcrumb}</g:product_type>
<link>{url}</link>
<g:image_link>{image}</g:image_link>
<g:additional_image_link></g:additional_image_link>
<g:availability>in stock</g:availability>
<g:price>{price,[0]}</g:price>
<g:sale_price>{special_price}</g:sale_price>
<g:brand>{manufacturer}</g:brand>
   <g:country>GB</g:country>
   <g:price>0.00</g:price>
</item>
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

google does not officially support any third-party implementation.

the best likely course would be to simply contact
whoever is supporting the specific third-party
system that is currently being used and try
asking in one of the third-party forums.

see also
https://community.magento.com/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. That's very kind of you. I got my problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. It can be very useful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I thought I solved the issue. But it seems like I failed. I sent message to google for a re-evaluation. Then google replied:
“Thank you for contacting us to request a re-evaluation of your Merchant Center account.

Unfortunately, after re-evaluation we still found critical errors in your feed so the current disapproval about account 10172420 remains.

About violation - Different product Landing Page:

Google Shopping requires that after clicking a product listing, a user should end up on a landing page that works properly and displays a product offer that is essentially identical to the product listing you submitted to Google in your product data, regardless of the user’s device, browser, location, cookies, your ad targeting choices, or any other consideration. To learn more about what we mean by essentially identical, visit https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2700318.

Your products should lead to landing pages displaying the exact same items as specified in your product data.

According to our policy, a user should end up on a landing page that works properly and displays a product offer that is essentially identical to the product listing they submitted to Google in their product data. Any variable that changes the price, availability, tax or shipping of a product needs to be included in the feed.
If you have several variations of one product, do not provide multiple values for detailed product attributes in a single item. Instead, create an individual item for each variant and group the items together using the 'item group id' attribute. If you do not do this, your items might be disapproved.
See examples of how detailed product attributes look in product data.

Examples of products with different products on the landing pages from those specified in the data feed

- item id 11006990: Captain America Steve Rogers WWII Army SSR Uniform Cosplay Costume... at http://www.skycostume.com/shingeki-no-kyojin-cosplay/captain-america-steve-rogers-wwii-army-ssr-unif...

Here is the sample screenshot

- item id 16091: Star Wars Darth Revan Outfit Cape Cosplay Costume from Star Wars at http://www.skycostume.com/shingeki-no-kyojin-cosplay/star-wars-darth-revan-outfit-cape-cosplay-costu...

- item id 11006271: Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag Edward Kenway Outfit Game Cosplay... at http://www.skycostume.com/assassins-creed/assassin-s-creed-4-black-flag-edward-kenway-outfit-game-co...

The examples above are just a sample of the offers with the above mentioned problem(s). We cannot provide a full list of the violating offers. To get re-approved, you should use the above examples to track down the root cause of the problem and address it for all offers that may be in violation of our policies.

Thank you!

Google Shopping Team”
How do you get the problems solved?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Ah I thought this was the case and your last post confirmed it. The issue is that your landing pages are not pre-selecting the variant options. What Google wants is for the landing page to have already selected the gender and size that is listed in those attribute for that particular product ID. So if your listing for the Steve Rogers SSR Uniform is for a Men's Medium, they want to the landing page to have those options already selected in your drop down menus. It'll depend on your site setup and how your XML is generating the landing pages you're sending to Google, but if you can fix that I think it'll clear up the disapprovals.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Curious, is this a new *mandatory* requirement? When I initially started up with PLA, it wasn't necessary to submit separate links for variants, just one link for the "main" product. I also just received the warning email about the different landing page.