AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

can I use Remarketing with a paypal shopping cart

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, i have a client that really wants to use the Paypal shopping cart with paypal add to cart buttons. This essentially means that when you click the add to cart button, you're taken to paypal.com and they hold your cart. Is it possible to use PLAs and remarketing with full conversion tracking in this case?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: can I use Remarketing with a paypal shopping cart

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Mark P,

It is not possible, logically where we are pasting the re-marketing code and conversion code. We only able to create the remarketing list for "persons who have landed on last page for transaction or in short all pages where we are able to add the re-marketing tag " but in your case the pay pal is third party site and it's not possible to add the our remarketing tag code on this site.

Request to senior members if I am incorrect, please correct me.

Regards
Mohit

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Mark,

The question you should be worrying about here is if Paypal would allow you to place your AdWords remarketing code on their pages. Since you need to track people who have added products to their cart and then abandoned it, it would be ideal if you could easily place the code on the respective pages.

In my experience, a service provider like Paypal would not agree to add tracking codes on their website, so essentially, I believe Remarketing is not an option for you. Although, you could give Search Companion Marketing a try as it does not require a tracking code to be placed to target previous website visitors.

PLA or Shopping Campaigns is something that is independent of any type of remarketing and is a tried and tested means of advertising on AdWords. Personally, my experience with PLA has been great, you just need to set it up right.

If you are already running a PLA campaign then kudos otherwise I would highly recommend you run it.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
The issue with Paypal is that they probably won't let you put a tag on their pages but:
- You can still remarket to users who viewed your products even if you can't track what they put in their cart or purchase in the end
- If you're good with javascript you can try to fire the remarketing tag right when the user clicks on the "add to cart" button before you're sent to PayPal
- To track conversions you can check Paypal's documentation or configure it to redirect to your site (see http://www.lovesdata.com/blog/2010/tracking-paypal-with-google-analytics/ for example)

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks maxime,

To sharing this helpful URL.

Mohit

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you use a auto return url, in paypal settings? Or does that not apply to your case? Because then you can add conversion tracking.

Also there is IPN.

I don't have much knowledge with PayPal but that's what I thought people used.