AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

bespoke items

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just been told that special order items, eg products that are made to order do not show in Google Shopping. At first I thought the person was wrong, but I have just checked GS for a number of items and none are showing.  I am quite certain that they used to show. So has there been a change and why?  In this instance I  am talking about luxury nightdresses, robes etc that are made to measure. Surely depriving shoppers of quality product like this is not a good move.

Re: bespoke items

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Gill, 

Do you have active items in the Google Merchant Center dashboard active and the relevant setup in adwords?

How i advise people in this position is to make a number of products out of the best selling sizes and options. Or if you have a base item that can be modified you can list the base item. 

That way you can push traffic to your site and depending on your website still allow for they to customise and buy. 

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Re: bespoke items

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom,
Thanks for your response. Actually, since I posted I have discovered that the person who initial said special order items are not list was incorrect. It was just a matter of finding the search term that triggered the item. So they are there Smiley Happy
All the best
Gill