AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Your product or service

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I would like to create an shopping campaign for telephone system maintenance for a fixed monthly price with specific configuration having varying prices. Yearly contracts. Something like these guys are doing

link

Just wanted to triple check it wouldn't violate any of google shopping's policies before making the pages, have checked the policies but couldn't find anything. If someone could help me out and confirm that this type of shopping feed should get approved, i would be very grateful.

Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Your product or service

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Lukasz,

Unfortunately you would be unable to advertise in Google Shopping based on your description of the service you would like to advertise. Google Shopping is for products, not services.like maintenance, however this is a request that I've seen before.

Refer to the "Services" section: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6150006?hl=en\

Hope this helps,

Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jim,
Thank you very much for the reply, appreciate this. I have looked at what sort of Unsupported Shopping content is, would you be able to guesstimate if this may change anytime soon?
Further to that, there have also been few other products we were thinking to advertise via. google shopping, but still uncertain if this is something we can actually do.
Phone system leasing: - leasing of a phone system for a set monthly fee. Client gets the products and pays a monthly fee for it, much like mobiles and tablets.
Video conferencing - same thing, a service with a monthly fee, where the client gets kit in the package.

Could you please advise if any of those would qualify?

Thanks
Lukasz

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Lukasz,

Google is frequently evolving their products like Google Shopping so I could see services being supported at some time in the future, although not likely soon.

Unfortunately you aren't able to advertise leased products in Google Shopping as they are classified as "Recurring Billing" and thus unsupported.

Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jim,
Thanks again for the reply. it's a shame that we can't advertise these in google shopping. Any chance you would know where would be the best place to look for google shopping updates, or how to be notified if anything like services from the posts above would became available for google shopping?

PS: would you know what category would this fall into?  Would this not be a service with monthly fee as well?

Regards
Lukasz