AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

XML feeds - File pre-processing: Failure Basic data completeness and correctness

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So we have had a 'Products Review' feed set up in the past, and it was working perfectly fine (and still is to my knowledge). However we went to update this feed to add more products, and we constantly get the "File pre-processing: Failure - Basic data completeness and correctness" now.

So we went through our xml file and found no XML errors.

We even took the OLD xml file that was working 100% A-Ok, and re-feed it in....and even this file also now gets the File-reprocessing error. We even then took a file that had NO products in it and feed it in.....and yup....per-processing error still.

What to do at this point?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: XML feeds - File pre-processing: Failure Basic data completeness and correctness

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, would you mind telling me how do you get those products reviews? From third party review website or use Google customer reviews?

Re: XML feeds - File pre-processing: Failure Basic data completeness and correctness

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
If you have checked the validity of the feed, then try again tomorrow. This might be a temp glitch with Google. Alternatively, if you submit the file here we forum members are happy to have a look. If providing further details is not possible then please contact Google directly : https://support.google.com/merchants/contactflow

3rd Party reviews are shown in Google Shopping automatically. You can check which are supported here : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/190657?hl=en

Hope this helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yan-H,

We are using our own websites product reviews (Shopify), and taking that data and manually creating an XML feed to supply to Google Merchant Center.

Our very first feed we created, we had assistance from a google rep and they helped getting it live, although we created the feed ourselves. Now when we update/upload a new feed file with more recent added reviews....it errors out every time....

Ive submitted tickets and emails to google so far, with no response as of yet.

XML feeds - File pre-processing: Failure Basic data completeness and correctness

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I will give it a shot for my site. Thank you for this.