AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong currency

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I have just set up my Google Merchant and linked it to my AdWords. My input method is "Scheduled fetch" based on a file on my OpenCart platform.
Default Language of the site is Swedish and Default currency is SEK (Swedish Krona). I also have English as the second language and USD and EURO as additional currencies on the website. The problem is when I check the products list on Google Merchant or Google AdWords, The Currency is SEK but with USD value! It means that if the price for product A is 100 SEK equal to 11 USD, on my Merchant or AdWords list of product the price is 11SEK for product A!
Can anybody help me to sove this issue please?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Wrong currency

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

That sounds like an issue with the source of the data feed. I'm guessing your using a plugin. I recommend to contact the plugin developer to see why it's pulling the wrong price value.

Normally the source of the data feed has to have the correct value, Google Merchant does not change any pricing.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Wrong currency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for your advice.

I checked the xml file and it was transferring wrong values. I fixed it by removing extra currencies and keeping only Swedish SEK. Now the prices are correct on Google Merchant list but Google Adwords still shows the wrong values. I removed the campaign and even Unlinked the accounts, then linked them again and created a new campaign but still the same issue exists.

Here is one example:

One product on Merchant account:

371M.PNG

Same product on Adwords list:

371A.PNG

Wrong currency

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Product information can take up to 24 hours to populate in Google Adwords.

Google Adwords product info is not used for live searches, instead it's Google Merchant.

Simply ensure the data is correct in Google Merchant and your good to go.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’