AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong Ads Showing for Google Shopping Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work on 5+ adwords accounts and I mostly work on PLA campaigns. PLA worked good until I moved all my campaigns to new shopping campaigns. After moving to new shopping campaign I see huge bounce rate and conversions are also dropped.

What I feel is the quality and relevant traffic these campaigns are driving is very poor compared to old PLA. Check the attachment for the proof.

I searched for "women's scrubs tops" organic results, text ads are perfect but when it came to shopping then the ads are completely wrongly. Most of the ads are Scrub creams, Lotions. I can not see any of scrub top ads.

This is a serious issue which Google needs to work on showing relevant ads.http://postimg.org/image/x4yud0dyp/

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong Ads Showing for Google Shopping Ads

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Premnath,

Thanks for posting and for sending the screenshot - this does seem a bit strange indeed.

I imagine that scrubs, facial cleansers and women's beauty products perform so well as PLAs that the system sees 'women's scrubs' in your search query and the algorithm pulls in ads for beauty products.

I can pass this on as feedback to our Engineers, and hopefully they will be able to take action. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.