AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Wix Stores to Google Merchant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Google Shopping was suspended.  So I am attempting to redo my Merchant Account to comply with Google requirements.

1st step I need to verify that I own the website URL.  Download google's HTLM: 

googlec0d5b0fa045f8dce.html to my website which is www.heartkeepsakes.com (hosted by WIX).

It does not work.

Contacted WIX and I was sent to a site that asked me to agree to a petition to have Google sync with Wix.

Frustrating that I can't even get past step 1.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

From the way you have written your thread, it looks like your creating a new merchant account. Never do that, this will further get suspended and possibly permanently.

Always resolve the first and initial Google Merchant account.

To claim a website in Google Merchant for Wix, use the html meta tag (alternative option) than add the meta tag to your index file.

Here is more info : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/176793?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

From the way you have written your thread, it looks like your creating a new merchant account. Never do that, this will further get suspended and possibly permanently.

Always resolve the first and initial Google Merchant account.

To claim a website in Google Merchant for Wix, use the html meta tag (alternative option) than add the meta tag to your index file.

Here is more info : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/176793?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Diane,

The meta tag can be added in the Tracking and Analytics section of Wix. Click on New and choose Verification Code.