AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Why would my cpc have doubled?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am hoping somebody here can help me. I started a Google Adwords shopping campaign about 3 weeks ago. My daily budget was £6 and it was working really well with an average cpc of £0.14. I decided to increase my daily budget for an experiment, but it seems the more I increase my daily budget the higher my cpc become. I am now paying an average of £0.28 per click, does this sound right? have I inadvertently changed my bidding strategy at the same time, and if I have is there anything obvious I can check. I just wished I had left it alone because it was working really well.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why would my cpc have doubled?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Make sure you have manual bidding in settings, as it sounds like you have a different option chosen.

Click on your campaign > settings > bid strategy > change to manual

Automated bidding is only good if you know what your doing

I never use automated bidding as it's extremely easy to make mistakes

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’