AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Why are these ads and site still allowed up?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I spoke to Google support through chat and they confirmed this site and the accompanying ads are in violation of Google's policy.  I couldn't submit the last URL as the violation link wouldn't work and support said they would submit it. My question is it's been weeks, and I have reported it nurmerous times.  However, the site and ads still remain up. The landing page shows a Buy online button that redirects to completely different site to shop which is an affiliate site.  This severely affects all of us whom sell these exact products.

Can you confirm if this is a violation.  If so, why are they still up?  If not a violation, please explain. Thank you.

ADS:

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=Cwah_2vRrV_bkN5WymQTnuISYB4nx6vtE9Omr4OYCxsuaga8DCAQQAygDYMnuyYm...

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=CunlI2vRrV_bkN5WymQTnuISYB4nx6vtE9Omr4OYCxsuaga8DCAQQAigDYMnuyYm...

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author parents2three
June 2016

Re: Why are these ads and site still allowed up?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 13
Top Contributor

note that the gclid url is usually inadequate --
generally, google requires the aclk url, that
is typically within google-shopping.

also, try using the following form to report the issues:
https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/policy?hl=en&p=shop

see also
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6276171

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Briefly looking - What's the violation? The site seems legitimate. That's probably the reason no action was taken.
If you still think there was a violation, report in details using the complaint form and include screenshots;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Replying under my email.

The site is legitimate. However, you cannot order on that site where you land. When you hit the buy button, you are redirected to a completely different domain to shop and order. That is what the violation is, as I was told(redirection and affiliate shopping). As the site in the ad is not an e-commerce site, it redirects to is an affiliate product(commission based) and you cannot complete the order on the domain it's directed. I was told by Google support it was a violation to do that? Thanks.

I will certainly try your link. Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I disgree. Redircting users to process a transction on a diffrent site is perfectly legit. (e.g. processing a checkout with PayPal)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand that process like your example with paypal or payment processing page, where one orders, pays and goes back to the site for confirmation order or not. This is a different scenario.

In this instance, it is a completely different domain/site(separate e-commerce site on its own), when you are redirected, you have to add it to your cart on that site or can continue to shop on that site and then checkout there - the redirected site holds the stock and is not managed by the original landing page owner. The order does not go back to original landing domain(from the ad) upon checkout. They are a reseller and it drop ships. If that is not in violation, that is fine. I guess that I am not getting clear cut answers. Maybe that is why nothing is being done. I am confused now on the policies.

Topic: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6363310?hl=en&ref_topic=3163841
"Sell only products in your possession

The products that you sell on Google Shopping need to be available for purchase through your store. You're not allowed to use Google Shopping to advertise another store's products.

Specifically on Google Shopping, you can't promote:

Affiliate or pay-per-click links to products—except through the Affiliate Advertising Beta
Products sold through a commission-based relationship
Products fulfilled through a drop-ship consolidator"

Thanks.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way that @Celebird could also apply their opinion? I would really hoping for some clarity on this. Thank you both.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@parents2three;

Please upload a screenshot of the ad as shown in the SERP;

Anyway, a violation should be reported through the channel Google has set.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How do I upload a screenshot? Do I send them to you privately? I have a screenshot of the transition from ad, to landing page, to redirected page(which is not a payment gateway). I did report it and google support agreed through chat that it was in violation, however, the ads are still up so I was hoping for further clarification as to maybe why. Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Use the "full reply editor" (below the "post" button) . On the menu bar there is an option to upload a pic.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

AD - 1 (1).jpgADLANDINGPAGE - 1.jpgLANDINGPAGE3 - 1.jpg