AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Why are PLA items disapproved for 'policy violations' when other companies are allowed to list them?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Whenever I examine the products which have been disapproved for 'policy violations' I quickly find other merchants listing the same products.  I have contacted merchant centre help on numerous occasions and am told that these violations are automatic...yet it feels like certain merchants get a free hand (eBay in particular) to list the items.  I have been told to change my title/SKU and descriptions but this makes no difference at all to the affected products.

Surely, if a product is violating a policy no one should be able to list it?  Google insists on EANs yet doesn't use them for this purpose?  

It smacks of unfair competition to me, and I wondered if anyone else had any issues like this?

I am heartily sick of seeing my competitors listing products I am not allowed to advertise.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why are PLA items disapproved for 'policy violations' when other companies are allowed to list them?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

If you find a merchant violating Google's Policy, than submit a violation report here : https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/policy?hl=en&p=shop

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ive found the same thing, 8 merchants selling the same thing using the same image (supplied by manufacturer) and I got mine disapproved GRRRR 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Each product or account violation is not the same. If you want assistance please create a new thread with more details. It is possible you have forgotten to add data, such as GTIN's mpn, brand etc.. Or there is a different issue. Alternatively contact Google if you want help outside of this peer2peer community.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’