AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Why am I seeing (not set) in my Google Analytics reports related to my Shopping Campaigns?

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

There are a few instances where seeing (not set) in Google Analytics is expected behavior. Rachel, from the AdWords team is here to tell us more.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author KathleenG
September 2015

Re: Why am I seeing (not set) in my Google Analytics reports related t

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Thanks Kathleen! Yes - why (not set) data is appearing in Analytics reports is a query we get a quite often. 

There are three instances where you would see (not set) being reported in Google Analytics from your Shopping Campaigns.

(not set) in “Destination URL” report

This is expected reporting behavior. The Destination URL dimension is directly pulled from AdWords. Since the Shopping Campaign URLs are pulled from Merchant Center, Google Analytics reports (not set).

(not set) in “Keyword match Type” report

This is expected reporting behavior, as Shopping campaigns do not use keywords, but the description of your products from the data feed.

(not set) in the “Campaigns” report

If you are seeing (not set) in any other report in Advertising > AdWords section of the Acquisition report, this will be because you have not linked your AdWords and Analytics accounts correctly. Make sure that you have followed the steps here to link the accounts, and apply the cost data to the correct view:  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

I hope this helps!  

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author KathleenG
September 2015

Re: Why am I seeing (not set) in my Google Analytics reports related t

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Thanks Kathleen! Yes - why (not set) data is appearing in Analytics reports is a query we get a quite often. 

There are three instances where you would see (not set) being reported in Google Analytics from your Shopping Campaigns.

(not set) in “Destination URL” report

This is expected reporting behavior. The Destination URL dimension is directly pulled from AdWords. Since the Shopping Campaign URLs are pulled from Merchant Center, Google Analytics reports (not set).

(not set) in “Keyword match Type” report

This is expected reporting behavior, as Shopping campaigns do not use keywords, but the description of your products from the data feed.

(not set) in the “Campaigns” report

If you are seeing (not set) in any other report in Advertising > AdWords section of the Acquisition report, this will be because you have not linked your AdWords and Analytics accounts correctly. Make sure that you have followed the steps here to link the accounts, and apply the cost data to the correct view:  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en

I hope this helps!  

Why am I seeing (not set) in my Google Analytics reports related to my Shopping Campaigns?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hi Rachel,

This post was created quite some time ago but I wanted to jump in and ask anyways--since Merchant Center is a Google property, would it not be possible to pass Destination URLs from Merchant Center to AdWords to Analytics?

Thanks.

Lee