AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Which product was delivered for which search term?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

is there a way for me to see which product in my Shopping ad group was delivered for a specific search query?

We have separated our campaign into ad groups by the products' manufacturers, so there are several products inside each ad group. For search terms that may apply to multiple of these products I'm wondering which product was actually shown in an ad. Can I find out which of these products was actually delivered for one specific query? I might not be seeing the obvious here.

Thank you so much
Jan

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jan D
1 month ago

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

Yes, it's possible, but only in Google Analytics, if you go into the E-Commerce section and add the search query as a second dimension.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jan D
1 month ago

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

Yes, it's possible, but only in Google Analytics, if you go into the E-Commerce section and add the search query as a second dimension.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Which product was delivered for which search term?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi AdWiser, that's what I was trying to avoid. Thank you for the clarification Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sorry, Jan, but AdWords only records conversions + values, not SKUs, unlike Analytics.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Well, it is possible if you put a lot of effort in. Ad Groups associated with search terms can be seen in AdWords, so if every product had their own ad group...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Rob's right. And I got the question wrong, I thought you meant which product was SOLD for each query, not served in an ad. My bad.