AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Which Advance Location Option Should I chosse for my Shopping Campaign (Targeting Whole USA)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
July

Which Advance Location Option Should I chosse for my Shopping Campaign (Targeting Whole USA)

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This is not how Google Shopping works. If the target country selected in the data feed than the only country the ads will show is that target country. In your case USA, anyone trying to see the ad outside of the US will see ether there native ads (not yours) or nothing if google shopping is not supported.

So regardless of your settings, you will only show up for the whole of USA. Unless you specify specific regions in the US. Go to Google Adwords campaign and select settings.

Than choose Target location United States and advanced setting, people in my target location.

If you are getting low clicks on a state, try adding that state with a higher bid adjuster. Look at your data and auction insight. Try to improve your data feed quality.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

People in my targeted location

Re: Which Advance Location Option Should I chosse for my Shopping Campaign (Targeting Whole USA)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the quick response.

Could you please let me know, if I choose this option Is my clicking rate
will get low? As currently I'm using the recommended setting "People in,
searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location" but not
getting even a single click from many states like South & North Dakota, Las
Vegas, Los angels, New Mexico etc.

Thank you,

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The other options allow your ads to be shown to people outside of the USA, which presumably you do not want.

If you are targeting all of the USA, you will have competitors who are targeting the USA but also those who are targeting only their local area. Therefore the bid you need for your ads to show can vary from place to place.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
July

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This is not how Google Shopping works. If the target country selected in the data feed than the only country the ads will show is that target country. In your case USA, anyone trying to see the ad outside of the US will see ether there native ads (not yours) or nothing if google shopping is not supported.

So regardless of your settings, you will only show up for the whole of USA. Unless you specify specific regions in the US. Go to Google Adwords campaign and select settings.

Than choose Target location United States and advanced setting, people in my target location.

If you are getting low clicks on a state, try adding that state with a higher bid adjuster. Look at your data and auction insight. Try to improve your data feed quality.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’