AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

When will Google recheck my feed: Temporary item disapprovals

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I have been left in charge of Google Shopping as the previous person has left the company and they have left it in a mess. They included VAT on the google shopping feed but the pricing on the website does not include VAT until checkout. This means that Google Shopping has begun removing products that have different prices on the google feed and on the landing pages - the website (which means soon all products will be removed).

I have now added VAT onto the site so that the landing page and the google feed show the exact same prices. But because Google has started removing my products (yesterday) do you know if/how/when they will add them back in or reexamine the situation? I am concerned because Google also said they were going to suspend my account on the 5th of February because of having different prices from landing page and feed submitted. I have now solved this, but when will this be displayed?

If I go on merchants google - settings - automatic item updates, it says:

Price

None of your items in the following countries are currently being updated due to certain warnings:
  • United Kingdom
View warnings
Availability

None of your items in the following countries are currently being updated due to certain warnings:
  • United Kingdom
View warnings

Does this mean my feed will never update so I will never be able to get the products back onto Google Shopping?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chloe S
January 2016

Re: When will Google recheck my feed: Temporary item disapprovals

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Chloe,

If you have made all necessary changes required to your feed, please re-upload this fresh copy over the existing feed within your account and complete this form.

https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/suspended?hl=en-GB&cfnti=lang.made_corrections_to_dissa...

This will allow Google to review your feed. If all is well and you are compliant, your disapproval on items/pending suspension will be lifted,

If your feed still has issues, Google will also alert you of this at such time or review.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chloe S
January 2016

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Chloe,

If you have made all necessary changes required to your feed, please re-upload this fresh copy over the existing feed within your account and complete this form.

https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/suspended?hl=en-GB&cfnti=lang.made_corrections_to_dissa...

This will allow Google to review your feed. If all is well and you are compliant, your disapproval on items/pending suspension will be lifted,

If your feed still has issues, Google will also alert you of this at such time or review.

Tom

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

as a side note -- if any item is sold in bulk be certain that
the submitted price (with vat) is for the minimum number of
items sold and the bulk (pack) price is the most prominent

price on the link landing-page -- not the per-item price.

google is the final arbiter of most prominent.

per-unit pricing may (also) be submitted for such items by
using unit_pricing_measure and unit_pricing_base_measure

otherwise, submitting a per-unit price for items sold in bulk
is also a policy violation and grounds for a disapproval or a
suspension from the program, at any time.

in addition, if the automatic-items-update feature is enabled
within the account then, the link landing-page should have
a proper microdata/rich-snippet (price and availability) that

matches the submitted and displayed price and availability --

otherwise, this feature should simply be disabled within the

merchant-center-account-settings, before re-submitting the

updated (feed) data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I filled the form in yesterday and Google Adwords sent me an email this morning saying that everything is now fine and they are resolving the issue. Thank you so much!

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Chloe,

That's great news, thanks for letting us know.

Best of luck

Tom