AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

What to do if Target country in Google Merchant Center is not listed?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

now I am setting up Google Merchant Center for a country which is not listed in the Target Country option.

The country is Slovakia.

Can I select other country and if yes wich should I choose (based on what I should choose it)?

What should I be aware of (currency, targeting,...)?

Thanks,

- Lukas
1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can only advertise in target countries supported by Google Shopping. You can advertise in other countries, but you need to make sure the language and currency are identical for the landing page and data feed for the target country.

For example : if you target France, you must have the language in French and the currency in Euro.

More info on supported countries: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160637?hl=en

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, in my case for the Merchant Center I set targeted country Germany and in AW I set Slovakia.

Both use Euro and the feed is in the Slovak language.

Should I take care of something else or be aware of something?

- Lukas

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'm not sure you understood.

You can only advertise in supported countries, meaning if your country is listed in the link below you can advertise. Otherwise you need to look at other advertising methods.

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160637?hl=en

So currently you can not advertise in Slovakia for Google Shopping as it is not supported.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’