AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

What does Google consider a click in the shopping results?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What does Google consider a click in the shopping results? For example, if I click on a product, a box opens up that gives me the option to then click through to the retailer or even show similiar products. What click am I paying for? The first click into the box? The second click to the retailer or similiar options? I'm confused...

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nicole T
September 2015

Re: What does Google consider a click in the shopping results?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nicole T

Impressions are counted whenever your ad is shown. If your ad is included in a "compare prices" or "view from "xx sellers" page, this would once again be classed as an impression. 

Only when a potential customer clicked on your actual ad, which took you to the landing page, would this be classified as a paid click. 

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

We only charge for clicks on Product Listing Ads that lead directly to a merchant's website. This includes clicks on Local Product Listing Ads that link to merchant websites hosted by Google. You aren't charged for clicks on Product Listing Ads that lead to pages within the Google Shopping website.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
As far as I'm aware, it's only clicks to your website. Our clients have found PLA's to have more profit than general text ads.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nicole T
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nicole T

Impressions are counted whenever your ad is shown. If your ad is included in a "compare prices" or "view from "xx sellers" page, this would once again be classed as an impression. 

Only when a potential customer clicked on your actual ad, which took you to the landing page, would this be classified as a paid click. 

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

We only charge for clicks on Product Listing Ads that lead directly to a merchant's website. This includes clicks on Local Product Listing Ads that link to merchant websites hosted by Google. You aren't charged for clicks on Product Listing Ads that lead to pages within the Google Shopping website.