AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

What Is the best language to set up a Google Shopping Campaign?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For smaller countries, is it better to have English or the native language anyway?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maria S
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Maria S,

Best practice is creating separate campaigns for each language. This will allow you to set your budget, bids, and negative keywords by language. 

So, try multiple campaigns for different languages and pause if it is not performing well.

Here's how to set up campaigns by language:

1. Add a custom label for language in your Merchant Center product data. For example, if your target country is Switzerland, you might set up a custom label that uses the values 'German' and 'French'.
  2. In AdWords, create one campaign for each language. For each campaign, use the inventory filter to reference the custom label and one of the language values (e.g. French) you set up in your product data.

Reference: Best practices for Shopping campaigns

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maria S
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Maria S,

Best practice is creating separate campaigns for each language. This will allow you to set your budget, bids, and negative keywords by language. 

So, try multiple campaigns for different languages and pause if it is not performing well.

Here's how to set up campaigns by language:

1. Add a custom label for language in your Merchant Center product data. For example, if your target country is Switzerland, you might set up a custom label that uses the values 'German' and 'French'.
  2. In AdWords, create one campaign for each language. For each campaign, use the inventory filter to reference the custom label and one of the language values (e.g. French) you set up in your product data.

Reference: Best practices for Shopping campaigns

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

For Google Shopping I always recommend the native language. The requirements, data feed and website changes that are required to create non native languages out way the costs associated in setting this up than what you gain from this.

However if lets say you choose Belgium, which has two native languages both French and Flemish, than yes I recommend setting this up. But for other countries where the secondary language is not native, than I do not see much point.

You can easily come to your own conclusions by using Google Adwords Keyword planner and check if the search terms are heavily used in another language, if not than there is not much point settings this up.

This ofcourse is my own opinion and does not represent anyone else.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Emmanuel F and @Archit.
In fact the problem is the highest Bounce Rate I am experiencing with these new campaign for countries as Norway, Sweden, Belgium etc. which I planned in Eng/French due to company possibilities, but would have a greater impact in native language. Your help was very useful for me.

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Maria S

You’re welcome, I was happy to assist you.

Regards