AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Video Shopping Ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all

I want to try and connect Google Shopping and my Youtube Ads for one client.

When I start creating a campaign everything looks alright accept one thing.

The Merchant Center Identifier is OK but in the product filter it says that there are no products eventhough I know the feed contains at least 10 000 products. Has anyone encountered this before or could anyone think of if I am missing something?

The Adword and Merchant Center accounts are connected.

Best regards

Emelie

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Krisha (Community Manager)
May 2016

Re: Video Shopping Ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
This is an ongoing issue with Google. It took close to two months for them to get it working for one of my clients. This was affecting everyone on AdWords, so when it resolved for my client last week I thought it was because they had fixed the bug.

Now while it could still be that same technical issue, it could also be that your products and/or site are not approved for remarketing or dynamic display. I have one client whose ability to run TruView Shopping campaigns had been disabled by the Display Policy Team without informing us of it. So while the products were approved to run in Shopping Campaigns, and the video ads were approved for video campaigns, we were not able to use them together because of this. You should contact support and/or your Google Partner to check on the approval status of your products for display.

Also, if you go into Merchant Center and select the setting tab, then the AdWords sub-tab, there is an option at the bottom to enable reporting for Display data destination. This will add a chart to your dashboard that shows whether items in your feed are approved for the Display network. I have been told that you can disable this option once selected, so be aware.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
I have only done this once without an issue, my only guess would be if you just uploaded the feed, it might take 24 hours before its all up and running in Adwords.

Also make sure all the products are approved.

Hope it helps, maybe some other community members might know more.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Krisha (Community Manager)
May 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
This is an ongoing issue with Google. It took close to two months for them to get it working for one of my clients. This was affecting everyone on AdWords, so when it resolved for my client last week I thought it was because they had fixed the bug.

Now while it could still be that same technical issue, it could also be that your products and/or site are not approved for remarketing or dynamic display. I have one client whose ability to run TruView Shopping campaigns had been disabled by the Display Policy Team without informing us of it. So while the products were approved to run in Shopping Campaigns, and the video ads were approved for video campaigns, we were not able to use them together because of this. You should contact support and/or your Google Partner to check on the approval status of your products for display.

Also, if you go into Merchant Center and select the setting tab, then the AdWords sub-tab, there is an option at the bottom to enable reporting for Display data destination. This will add a chart to your dashboard that shows whether items in your feed are approved for the Display network. I have been told that you can disable this option once selected, so be aware.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello

Thanks for this info. It guess might be an issue with remarketing as you say. I will contact support regarding this issue!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you for your answer!