AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Very high lost IS (rank)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am hoping somebody can help with this because I really cannot get my head around it. I use Google shopping only, I have a single campaign which includes all 570 products. It's been working ok but I have started to notice that my bounce rate has shot up from about 38% to 80%, my sales are down by a third and when I look at my campaign it says that I have a 81% lost is (rank). My clickthrough rate is around 1.46. I seem to have a few products with a very high clickthrough rate but at least half of my products are not even getting any impressions let alone clicks. I just don't understand why.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Very high lost IS (rank)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sarah H,

Honestly, I am not absolutely sure, however, reading between your lines my best guess is that you have a new competitor. A hike in your lost IS (rank) took you by surprise, right? If yes, something is telling me that a new competitor has 'stolen' the best impressions, leaving you with a low IS, and the kind of clicks that result in an increased bounce rate and a decreased number of conversions.

The above seems a plausible explanation, however, it's not more than a theory at the moment. You are advised to analyze your auction insights data very thoroughly and compare past stats with current performance numbers in various segments of your ad campaign before making a decision. (Auction insights are available in Shopping and Search campaigns.)

***   Using auction insights to compare performance   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

The above document will provide you with info about how to do it.

Best,

Lakatos

Very high lost IS (rank)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, I currently use the maximise clicks bidding strategy, is there a better option?

Very high lost IS (rank)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I prefer the exact match IS - in my view it provides a better indication of performance. Has there been a significant change in this metric also?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Very high lost IS (rank)

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

As Lakatos mentioned, before making a decision into what needs to be done to resolved this, it is best to review your data. I know this seems allot of work, but every merchant has a different situation and there is no simple 1 answer or 1 solution.

It is recommend to compare all data from when it was going good to when it was going bad, than pinpoint the issue.

Auction insight can be found by going to your campaign and select check your ad group, than choose Details > Selected And choose show data for Shopping campaigns

If you have similar products it is always 1 or a couple of products that will eligible for getting an impression. If you have 3 very similar products, only 1 will be given the chance at the auction. Otherwise if every merchant would get the same amount of impressions for eligible products for all products. Google Shopping will be flooded with products with very poor results.

Therefore only 1 product will be shown. If a product is under performing, try changing the title, image etc... to be more relevant. Remember even though you are changing product information, you still need to perfectly describe the product accurately.

Google Shopping has lots of moving parts, so taking the time to understand the data will allow you to make the right decisions.

I hope this has been helpful.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’