AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Variable price products

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So one of my clients has products which are defined by additions to the base product and as such there is no starting price. I am unsure what to do and how to setup the sale price in the data feed.

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomislav
September 2015

Re: Variable price products

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Again

Whilst I understand the fear of losing sales due to high pricing, Google make a clear point of stating 

Items with variable prices, such as in auctions, should not be submitted. All products must be sold at fixed prices." - Found here

Leading potential customers in with a low price for an item, which is not available to purchase will not be tolerated. As stated, pricing must be correct and stated alongside any item listed within your feed.

The only solution I could suggest is to make a base product with some additions on this and place certain items available for purchase, on non dynamic landing pages. This way you can still attract potential customers within the confines of Google and so long as you are abiding by the policy of listing and your product can be shipped as listed and displayed both within your feed and landing URL.

You can however, use normal Adwords Text Ad's to promote your items and their flexibility or additions. Shopping Campaigns/PLA's have different specifications and must be adhered to, otherwise suspension/disapproval can occur.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tom

The base product, can this be bought as is, without the need for additional modifications to be purchased alongside? 

If so, then you can list that as the item and the price for that item only.

Variants, could be listed as completed items, however, the item must be presented to the user on visiting the including link URL provided in the feed. 

If you do not have listed the base items, or the base item is indeed unable to be purchased as a stand alone item, then you will be required to provide the base item with the variants applied as a complete ready to purchase item.

Pricing must be correct, including any taxes (depending on target country). The customer must be able to click the ad and be provided with the full item being displayed and have the ability to add this to cart, with no further modification.

Tom Wilson

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
problem is the page is kinda dynamic, basicly you make your own item and then order it with selected additions to it. Problem is i wouldn't want to it to turn away any potential leads with high price for it in the Google shopping.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomislav
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Again

Whilst I understand the fear of losing sales due to high pricing, Google make a clear point of stating 

Items with variable prices, such as in auctions, should not be submitted. All products must be sold at fixed prices." - Found here

Leading potential customers in with a low price for an item, which is not available to purchase will not be tolerated. As stated, pricing must be correct and stated alongside any item listed within your feed.

The only solution I could suggest is to make a base product with some additions on this and place certain items available for purchase, on non dynamic landing pages. This way you can still attract potential customers within the confines of Google and so long as you are abiding by the policy of listing and your product can be shipped as listed and displayed both within your feed and landing URL.

You can however, use normal Adwords Text Ad's to promote your items and their flexibility or additions. Shopping Campaigns/PLA's have different specifications and must be adhered to, otherwise suspension/disapproval can occur.

Tom Wilson