AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Vaporizer Products In Google Shopping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have been trying to solve this issue for sometime and can't seem to get a straight answer from Google. 

My client is selling vaporizers, they are all natural vaporiziers with no affiliation with drugs or tobacco, yet all their products are being disapproved in Google shopping. Can someone confirm that these products cannot be listed in Google Shopping Australia? My clients competitors however are still appearing, which is a concern, along with advertisers such as Ebay.

Thanks,

Tim.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tim F
October 2015

Re: Vaporizer Products In Google Shopping

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Tim F

You will see here - https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2731539?hl=en

Under the section 

Tobacco Products & Related Equipment

That any product designed to simulate tobacco smoking is prohibited. Although you are stating the use of the vaporizers are for a natural product, for all intensive purpose, they are created for use with e-liquids.

Obviously only Google can determine if they believe your listings should be included, we can simply advise you to the best of our understanding.

As for your competitors, this may be one of two cases

The first, being, they have simply not been discovered as of yet and when they do, will fall under the same policy violation facing yourself.

The second, a review has been carried out and found that they are in no violation, therefore, have been granted a manual approval. 

Either way, I would suggest you contact Google for a definitive answer.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tim F
October 2015

Re: Vaporizer Products In Google Shopping

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Tim F

You will see here - https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2731539?hl=en

Under the section 

Tobacco Products & Related Equipment

That any product designed to simulate tobacco smoking is prohibited. Although you are stating the use of the vaporizers are for a natural product, for all intensive purpose, they are created for use with e-liquids.

Obviously only Google can determine if they believe your listings should be included, we can simply advise you to the best of our understanding.

As for your competitors, this may be one of two cases

The first, being, they have simply not been discovered as of yet and when they do, will fall under the same policy violation facing yourself.

The second, a review has been carried out and found that they are in no violation, therefore, have been granted a manual approval. 

Either way, I would suggest you contact Google for a definitive answer.

Tom