AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

VAT Exempt Healthcare Products in the uK in merchant centre

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I don't know if anyone can help me. I have google product feeds for a health testing website, the products we have are pregnancy tests and the like. We also sell diabetic test machines that most diabetic patients need to use to monitor their blood glucose level. In the UK if you are a diabetic patient you don't pay VAT on these products. If you are a sportsperson and are using them for training and dietary reasons you do pay VAT. Our site asks for this information on the landing page and displays the price accordingly. Previously we have been told, by Google that this is ok. Recently, our products have been getting disapproved. Is there anyway to overcome this using the feed? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Brian 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark H
1 month ago

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No you can not do that, you must show the price and sale price that all customers pay. All prices must match both the landing page and the data feed for all users, regardless of the situation.

Google Shopping is not a marketplace for vat exclusive prices and you must show at all times price inc vat. Trying to circumvent Google Requirements may lead to a suspension, and as this is a serious violation a permanent suspension may happen.

There is simply no solution for you to do this, Google does not support what you are trying to achieve. Think of your situation as a promotion for specific customers, you are allowed to give a discount or (vat ex) in the checkout when they check a box who they are.

On the previous documented page, it says that you must show vat inc for all countries except for USA.

If you want to offer specific customers a discount or not charge vat, you must do this in the checkout. Doing this on the landing page is a violation.

Also showing a range price is not allowed, only show the specific price for the product you are listing, if this is not possible, then do not advertise on Google Shopping and instead use Text or display ads.

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

All products listed should show vat inclusive and on the product landing page, it also needs to show vat inc. 

You can offer vat ex in the checkout when the customer fills out details.

You can find this information here: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4752265?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of using the sale_price for the VAT exempt price, would this be the best way to proceed. Do I also need to state that all prices are inclusive of vat on the page? On some of the products I also have multiple quantities at different prices. How do I deal with this? Thanks again for your help. 

My landing page is https://homehealth-uk.com/all-products/codefree-blood-glucose-monitoring-system-mmoll-or-mgdl/. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark H
1 month ago

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No you can not do that, you must show the price and sale price that all customers pay. All prices must match both the landing page and the data feed for all users, regardless of the situation.

Google Shopping is not a marketplace for vat exclusive prices and you must show at all times price inc vat. Trying to circumvent Google Requirements may lead to a suspension, and as this is a serious violation a permanent suspension may happen.

There is simply no solution for you to do this, Google does not support what you are trying to achieve. Think of your situation as a promotion for specific customers, you are allowed to give a discount or (vat ex) in the checkout when they check a box who they are.

On the previous documented page, it says that you must show vat inc for all countries except for USA.

If you want to offer specific customers a discount or not charge vat, you must do this in the checkout. Doing this on the landing page is a violation.

Also showing a range price is not allowed, only show the specific price for the product you are listing, if this is not possible, then do not advertise on Google Shopping and instead use Text or display ads.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Thanks, I will adjust my landing pages.